View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
kaybee1

S/C/G: 229/206.8/165

Height: 5'4"

First of all, you need to breathe. And then prioritize. It might sound harsh, but who do you care more about? Yourself, or your friend? It's great you want to help her but if she's pulling you down you're going to have to put some distance between you two - at least when it comes to weight loss and staying motivated.

You should always be number 1. This is your health that you're talking about. I understand school is one thing, but what are the million other things going on? Are they as important as your health? Maybe you just have to cut back on the socializing or look at your day and create a time-budget and make it happen.

I'm going to continue being harsh because it's what helps me when i'm down lol. Only you can make anything happen. Only you can make the change. No Fat Fairy is going to come knocking at your door and magically take away all of your problems (although that would be awesome) so I really think you need to focus on where YOU fit in YOUR life.

It's fantastic that you kept on track with your eating, that's huge. And it will still make an impact for you as you continue on your journey even if you don't get as much exercise as you'd like. So keep it up. You can do it!

It also helps to create S.M.A.R.T. goals that is: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time bound. Start with small goals to keep yourself on track and work from there. It's easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel that way!

Main thing, don't give up - no matter what external pressures there are you still have the strength to persevere, believe in yourself!

Last edited by kaybee1 : 03-20-2014 at 09:19 PM.
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote