Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #93
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

Since I am starting back on my exercising, I have switched back to my exercise avatar, but it's still me!

Trish, thank you for posting all the information. Yesterday I made tacos and put some black beans in mine, and did not get the pains. They are not my favorite bean, but go good with tacos. Beans can be added to a lot of foods.

I really miss my grapefuit and grapefruit juice because of taking statins. When I worked at the pharmacy I read on their website to "avoid drinking a lot of grapefruit juice, such as a quart or more per day." I mentioned that to one of the pharmacists and he still insisted that I should not be having ANY. I used to buy those little cups of grapefruit slices that are only a cup or less, but he yelled at me for it. I wish I knew I was OK having that. I love it because of the tart taste.

So many people tell me that my Smart Balance Heart Right Light is margarine and I should avoid it because of trans fats, but I cannot convince them that it does not have trans fats, but plant sterols that are good for heart health. I just keep doing what I know is ok. I did the research.