Old 03-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Worldly Chicks"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

Hi Everyone. I went ahead and started a new thread for March. I hope everyone finds us.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I am up early this morning. I didn't get much personal computer time this week, so I am trying to check and clean out my email and some other things.

We are going to get slammed with winter weather tomorrow. They say it will start for us around 3 p.m. and go all through Monday with maybe 12 inches of snow. UGH!

I have a 5 lb loss to report at my Thursday weigh-in at TOPS. I was pretty excited! I know having the flu was part of it, but I'll take it and use it as a spring board.

DH has his sleep study tonight. I will be staying at my brothers so that when it's time to go get DH in the AM, I only have a short drive. I'm looking forward to playing with my nephews. They are 4 and 3 and pretty excited that "Aunt Susie" is spending the night. I bet I don't get much sleep!

I will be back later today sometime (or at least I plan to) to do personals. I must get to some other things before my self-imposed 1 hr limit to emails and posting is up.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Please put the link in the old thread or let shad or happy do that if you do not know how
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #4  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
Please put the link in the old thread or let shad or happy do that if you do not know how
All done
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #5  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Welcome to March - it's cold outside - going to get REALLY cold tomorrow so I certainly hope that Ms. March will come in strong and ease on outta here gently in 31 days. We are fortunate to escape the storm that will be pelting those of you south of us. We'll get strong cold but thankfully not much in the way of snow. Be careful out there.

Thanks for setting up the new thread Susie. We generally put a link in the last post of the old one so people can click over in case they can't find us otherwise. One thing we have stayed consistent with is that our thread titles always contain the word Worldlies in it somewhere. You're lucky Susie set up the thread - I was going to pick a title somewhere along the lines of "Worldlies are TIRED and cold and wishing for spring". Except that would not be fair to poor Shad who no doubt is noticing the days getting shorter on her side of the equator.

Worked the store yesterday - quiet at first but we did have a few people come in and buy some stuff. It was quiet the last hour so I counted up my drawer and filled out my closing forms and was all balanced at 3:45. (We close at 4pm in the winter). Just as it always happens, someone walks in at 3:50, followed by another at 3:55. The 3:55 asked me when we closed and I said 5 minutes so she said she would be brief. The 3:50 person walked out without buying anything. 355 said she was looking for a specific book a friend said she donated to the store so I helped her look for it. We didn't find it but had a nice conversation as she is a massage therapist and yoga instructor. She did find 2 books she wanted and brought them to the register (it was now 4:10). I was about to ring her up when in walks a man who had purchased a toaster over earlier. He said it was missing a drip pan that pretty much made the oven useless. While we have a policy that all sales are final, sometimes you have to allot for things. I had to agree with him except I dreaded the refund. We have a donated cash register that is fine ringing straight sales but it does not register returns properly on the day's closing ring out. I gave him his money back, took the 355's money and hurried and locked the door. It's less hassle for me if I can get the bank deposit to the bank before they close at 4:30. Because of the sale and return, I had to recount my drawer. I could have wing'd it but I don't like to do that. DH had pulled up to get me, it's 4:22 and I am furiously counting. Of COURSE my register tally was out of sync by the $10 return. I had to write extra notes on the closing papers. Got to the bank at 4:28. *whew* DH and I decided to go out for Mexican food - we generally go to dinner on Friday nights. We really like this restaurant and I had read an article earlier in the week - if you don't know what to order at a Mexican restaurant, order pork because they slow cook it and it's generally flavorful and tender. I have to admit I can count on one hand all the times I've eaten pork at a Mexican place. DH got the combo fajitas (steak/chicken/shrimp) so we were well represented protein wise I got slow cooked pork tacos. They were ok, tender but a bit dry as it was white meat. I tasted a piece of DH's steak and man oh maneschvitz, I sure did wish I had stuck with my instinct and got that instead. But no, I have to try something different. Anyway we had a nice dinner, I had 2 small tacos with flour tortillas and some rice and beans and I was stuffed to the gills. Came home and watched some concerts I had previously recorded. Today I plan on doing a lot of housework.

Michelle - I think yoga would be an excellent addition to your workout routine, even if you do a DVD at home. The yoga teacher yesterday was talking about how it is good for stability and balance improvement besides the calming factors. I'm glad you were able to make arrangements for the water aerobics class too. Even if you run behind, you can at least do laps in the pool or water walking which will help your back. I know what you mean about fighting the urge that "I'm tired" and skip the gym. I say I'll just do 30 minutes and usually once I get going I'm good to go. If it's really bad, at least I got the 30 minutes in. Thanks for the thread title suggestions.

Susie - thanks for setting up the new thread. I like your new avatar! Ugh on the approaching storm. I hope it's not as bad as they are making it out to be. Have fun playing with the kids - good alternative plans for working DH's sleep schedule.

Terra - keep up that walking kiddo!

Ceejay - I hope you don't get too much of a mess down your way with the weather. As for the bedding, I remember seeing a picture where they painted the room a very neutral beige and then used accessories of navy blue and white to accent the room. It really popped the beige and I was impressed with how pretty it looked. Who'd a thought???

Laura - it sounds like you had a much bigger variety of classes at the park district. Didn't you join DH's gym last year or am I confused? How long is your walk from the downtown train station to the office each day?

Shad - DH asked me this morning when you first came to visit us. Didn't say why, just asking. So I looked it up. 2003. That was a long time ago I hope you walk slower now - I still remember trying to keep up with you two at the gardens. Hope work doesn't have you running in circles.

Annie - how are things going for you?

Wanted to ask those of you who were sidelined with the flu - how did it come about? I have been feeling the last few days like I have schmutz in my lungs. I am doing light coughing - just to clear the chest out. Feels like a bit of heaviness in the chest but my nose is not running. Last night I went to bed with the most brutal headache. It feels like I might be coming down with something but just teetering on the edge. I can't recall being around anyone who was really sick either but you never know what you touched that some Typhoid Mary might have slobbered on just before you got there. So those who got sick, did it come on gradually or suddenly? I don't have time to be sick. In fact the way my chest feels reminded me of how I used to feel ALL THE TIME when I was smoking. Geez I am so glad to be rid of that awful habit.

I guess it's enough babbling. I still have to figure out something to bring to the pot luck on Monday for the Humane Society event. Give me something to ponder while I'm mopping the floor. Have a good weekend all.

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-01-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Pneumonia is going around down here. Be careful and don't let that go to long.

Susie
Thanks for starting the new thread. I hear you on this winter weather.

-----------

It's been such a beautiful day that I've done some yard work from the last ice storm. Then in the morning the weather is supposed to change and we get another ice storm. I'm not ready for this. It's March, I'm ready for some warmer days.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

MyChoice2bfit ~ Congrats on your loss

happy2bme ~ Yep I am keeping up with my walking

Im about to walk for the 1st time today and then I'll walk again before bed. I had no energy to do it this morning like I usually do so Im only gonna get two walks in today but thats better then not walking at all.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #8  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

Last night after work I went to the gym for water aerobics and realized I didn't have my bathing suit in my gym bag, so I did 1/2 hour on the recumbent bike followed by 1/2 hour of weights.

Today I got up early to get some fasting blood work done. I hope my HA1C turns out ok. After the blood test, I ran a couple errands and once the rain stopped, Santa and I went to the dog park. We're home now, but we'll be heading back out to the dog park in an hour or so. With the off and on rain, I want to make sure Santa gets play time during the rain breaks. He's still limping and not putting weight on his bad foot, but even so, he enjoys going to the dog park and hanging out with the other dogs and their people.

I hope you're all having a good weekend.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Thanks for setting up the thread Susie. nice one. Good to have someone else's brain working on the title once in a while. Usually Annie or Michelle come up with a few cracker ideas for the title.
Great weight loss. You should feel very proud of yourself. Now you just have to figure out what you ate during the flu and keep at it. At a guess I would say more fluids than foods.

Happy - love the way that everyone comes into your store at the end of the day.
It's good that yoga is helping you a bit. I loved the Body balance I used to do because it gave me back a lot of flexibility and I really need to get back to it, but I'm really not into the gym any more and haven't been able to find a dvd of it.
Do I walk as fast as 10 years ago. Probably not, but in the race to safety from a crocodile, I reckon I could give you a good go for your money. It isn't 10 years since we walked up the hill at Pennyfeather anyway. But again we will see next time I get over there.

Ceejay - unfortunately Mother Nature will decide on the warmer weather - not you. So you'll just have to suck it up.

Terra - sometimes you just have to push it when everything about you conspires to stop you from doing good. Michelle has had to push it this week, I've had to fit stuff in, generally in the dark these days so you just have to suck it up and do it too. Sometimes that's when you see the best results.

Went to Government house yesterday to have a look around. It was very nice. I forgot my camera so had to use the fairly useless one on my phone. I'll attach one or two at the end of this. Should have taken a picture of the hottie in full dress uniform on the door. Damn, Annie will be after me for that missed opportunity.
The house is not huge as big houses go. It is however bigger than Gracelands and interestingly finished - no souvenir shop there Happy. It's recently had massive renovations done to strengthen and update. Each room has a theme. For example, Lady Janine, wife of the GG has her office done with a fantail motif (native bird, tail that spreads out and sticks up like a fan). It's all soft greens, native forest pictures and paintings and the crown mouldings have the fantail in various poses. The main sitting room is done with the Tui bird in mind. I'll see if I can find a picture shortly.
There was a collection of all the armorial (sort of like coat of arms) of previous GG's and governors along with their signatures - some of which are very rare. All in all I enjoyed it. Not sure my sister was totally delighted with all the walking (uphill much of it) and other exercise, but she seemed to enjoy herself most of the time.
Today, I have been down to the bread shop, supermarket and fresh food markets and picked up the week, or really two week supplies. I have cooked up some extremely tart cooking apples, that will be my breakfasts and snacks for a couple of weeks - maybe even a dessert or two. Carted that lot home and now am resting for a couple of minutes with a coffee and computer.

There is a light show on at the Bot Gardens tonight and during the next couple of weeks, powered by the company I work for. It's part of the Wellington Festival which started during the week. I might go and have a shufti up there. Another walk coming up.

I was going to work this afternoon, but decided it wasn't worth it. I may work next weekend instead and just go in early during the week.

Anyway here are a couple of pictures from the GG house. I'd better go do some more around the house. They are:
The thrones in the Ballroom, one of the many crystal chandeliers around the place, a beautiful vase - I think Lalique, the main sitting room with the Tui theme, and one of the Pou at the main entrance. The Pou is a carving (maori style) and this particular one had some of the carving done by the GG of the time, Sir Paul Reeves. Obviously a fairly talented man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Government House 005.jpg (22.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Government House 007.jpg (23.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Government House 009.jpg (23.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Government House 008.jpg (33.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Government House 027.jpg (29.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Shad; 03-01-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #10  
Turning Into A New Woman

Shad ~ Yeah your right, I'll do better tomorrow
Old 03-02-2014, 02:22 AM   #11  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - was just checking the weather and saw the predictions of the ice storm out your way. I certainly hope you are not working and have Sunday and Monday off. It looks horrible - especially expecting downed trees and power lines. Be careful, be safe!

I'm going to be thinking maybe - 20 degrees isn't so bad. At least it's not 3/4 of an inch of ice. Good night.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
always love the pictures. I like the historical part.

Happy
Unfortunately I'm at work this morning and tomorrow. Sure wish I could retire on day's like today. I took some things to the recycle bend yesterday and the tree's are in bloom.

Terra
How long will your company stay with you?

Hi to Susie and Annie

-----
I'm not usually concerned with things happening in Russia but my step nieces fiancé lives there and is expected to come to the states Monday. They are supposed to get married in three weeks. I pray he makes it out okay.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
At work exceedingly early this morning. There may not look like much to do on my desk but believe me, it is there. A pile of paperwork that needs to be finished this week and to do so I have to be able to get into the head of the person who wrote it originally. It ain't going to be easy.

Then I have another bit of work from another person in the group to finish off and everytime I look at it, the bloody system falls over, so there will be some agitation some time this week and it just might be me doing the stirring.

Nothing much else news from what I wrote yesterday. The situation around the world just goes from bad to worse.

I hope Annie is okay - see didn't seem to well last time we heard from her. So much stress in her life right now.

With that I will sign off and go check out the news for a minute or two and get stuck into this work. Roll on 1630. Happy (?) Monday.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #14  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Another chilly one today but hopefully we will see some warm up by the end of the week. Might go out to toss a drink back with the cousins - it's her birthday and I haven't had a single glass of wine all month! Still trying to figure out what to make for the pot luck dinner at the Humane Society tomorrow. Not much else is going on. Just a bit of tinkering about the house before we leave. DH is trying to remove some more snow which just means putting it from one place to the other.

Nice pictures Shad - too bad they don't have a souvenier shop - raise some funds by selling off excess gifts and historical trivia. Looks like an interesting visit though. Sounds like you are quite the busy one. As least it's busy and not banging head against the wall frustration. Did you raise the sun out of the horizon with as early as you are on the job? I saw a couple of body balance cds online but not sure if they would work for you or if the post would let them into the country. Ok, what's a shufti but if it's at the Bot Gardens, it's probably worth having, right?

Ceejay - please be careful travelling. Bummer that you have to leave the house. That's when I am most happy being retired - not having to get out in the mess and worry and waste a lot of time commuting. Sounds like the niece's BF is getting out just in time. Hope he makes it ok too.

Michelle - hope you numbers come back improved. Sorry to hear that Santa is slow healing on the foot. At least it doesn't seem to be getting him down.

Hi Laura, Hi Susie Hi Annie I think I'll try and get a few things picked up before we get ready to head out. Have a nice Sunday all. Hope the weather doesn't ruin your plans.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #15  
Turning Into A New Woman

ceejay52 ~ 2 years at least

happy2bme ~ Yeah its chilly here too

Im about to walk for the 1st time today and then Im gonna walk again before bed. Its another busy week we are gonna go shopping either tomorrow or Tuesday and then also on Tuesday I have a dentist appt. and we're also gonna go to Dillions, Although we might go to Dillions tomorrow after we go to Walmart if we go shopping tomorrow and either tomorrow or Tuesday we'll go to a sit down restaurant but we arent sure where we want to eat at yet though. Wed. the group I belong to is having their lunch and bingo and then Thursday is Peer Support and then depending on if we do dollar menu on Friday or Saturday will tell when I will get out of the house again after Thursday. Thats all of my plans for this week.