– Welcome Spring!! You've been anticipated in the northern hemisphere. Welcome Autumnal Equinox in the southern hemisphere.
Lunch was the challenge. I was scheduled busy until two hours after my daily lunch time, although I could bring my 'brown bag' lunch to the meeting that sat right atop the time I'd have liked to be eating. I didn't start the morning soon enough to make my peanut butter, pecan, and banana sandwich. DW suggested one of her Cricket Bars
to tide me over. It's easy to distract a meeting by the simple statement, "Pardon me while I eat my Cricket Bar," but no one accepted my offer to split it. Bad news is that it was 290 calories - other granola bars in our pantry are about 190 calories. A granola bar doesn't go into my brain as food, so it didn't really satisfy. Nevertheless, when I got to my kitchen, I skipped my normal lunch except for the raw veggies. CREDIT moi for not using the schedule to justify eating a double sized lunch.
Exercise was walking, CREDIT moi, in cold then warmer temperatures. It's raining right now, so the temperature must be above freezing.
– Big Ouch for "MORE FOOD PUSHERS."
Thanks for the warning about Persian Bazaars - you're right, I wouldn't have survived continuously offered tree nuts. Thinking about you dealing with your mother's handlers.
– Yikes! indeed. Welcome to the club of those of us who've stretched the credibility of 'red line.' Be encouraged that my attack on snacks is sliding me slowly back into range.
- Kudos for "Three days of OP. Salad, smoothie and logging."
Do you recommend Frozen
– Congrats on the new low scale reading. Kudos for recognizing that your attraction to snacks was for comfort. Sending supportive thoughts as you continue to wait for information about your dad.
- Yay for Beck's Pink Book to get her strategies first hand. Kudos for those two years of maintenance. Do you still do WW as a graduate?
- Congrats on that pound lost to restore your feeling that you're on track. Keep the faith - your clothing size, like your scale, will come along in its own good time.
- Drats, my 7-11 doesn't carry squid-flavored potato chips. Your salabao sounds like the Chinese dumplings we get around here. Hope your work trip goes well today.
- Neat strategy "to distract myself from snagging snackies all night."
day 13 Overcome Cravings
Anti-Craving Strategies - Behavioral Techniques
If you're still tempted to eat something you shouldn't after you've done all five mindset techniques, then try as many of the behavior techniques below as you need:
1. Distance yourself from the food you crave. When you experience a craving because you see or smell food, you might be able to move that food to an inconvenient place (where you can't see it) or to get rid of it (give it away, throw it away, or put it down the disposal).
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 131.