Thread: Fiber Counting?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #149
Pattience
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Steelslady, you just reminded me of an form of training that athletes do when they have injured themselves and can't run.

They get in the pool and run the length of the pool that way. Of course it takes a long long time to get from one end to the other. But it should give you a fairly good workout.

When we are overweight, we really shouldn't have too much trouble staying afloat because fat is lighter than water. But having arm floaties on could help if one were afraid of the deep water. Or just swim/run along in the lane nearest the edge.

That said, i know a lot of overweight people don't like being seen publicly in a pool. So maybe its worth checking out if there are times the local pool has when there are few people there.

I admit to not liking being seen in public in swimmers when i'm overweight. and that is one reason why i don't go swimming more often. There are other reasons too though, like i hate the whole rigmarole with showering at that time of the day and so on because usually it means i will have to have another one later. But i do love swimming.

I still haven't fixed my gas situation so today i cooked my mexican beans in the microwave. They turned out really well.

Heres the recipe:

I started out with a can of beans called Mexican beans so they are probably already lightly spiced. But others like pinto or borlotti beans would do fine.

finely chop one onion and 2 cloves of garlic. Put in a ceramic bowl with 1 tsp of cumin seeds. (If using powder put it in later). Add 1.5 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
Cook in the microwave until the onions are soft.
Add the rinsed and drained beans and 50g or 1-2tbsp only of tomato paste.
Add the powdered cumin now if you are using and more chilli if you like it.
Cover and return to cook until its all heated through.
Blend with a bamix or some sort of mashing gadget.
DONE.

I ate 1 cup of this mixture with 1/4 cup of natural yoghurt, 3 types of salad vegies, 1tbsp of finely grated hard yellow cheese. My salad vegies today were grated beetroot, 1/2 cup of packed lettuce greens and a big piece of cucumber diced.

Filling, tasty and healthy and balanced and I don't know what the calories are but i am sure its not going to blow any our diets.

Another legume meal i want to make is hummus. NOrmally hummus is high in fat, even though its good fat. Because of that i think a serve should only be 1/2 cup of hummus but eaten with wholemeal pita bread and lots of salad. Next time i go shopping, i will have to buy pita and tahini if i can't find the one on the shelf already.

Last edited by Pattience : 03-20-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote