View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #104
ladynredd

S/C/G: 285/252.8/125

So VERY glad I found this thread. I've been doing Jenny Craig for a few weeks and have lost about 10 lbs., but there's some financial stuff going on right now and the next 3 or 4 months are going to be very tight for me financially and I just can't afford to buy their food any more. They do talk about "volumizing" their food by adding big salads, soups and more veggies so that's what originally caught my eye in your thread title. I've read all 7 pages, jotted down some of your recipes, and I'm excited!

Since you're talking about vegetables you don't try very often, have any of you tried rutabega fries? I made my first batch last week and my husband cautioned me to save the recipe because he definitely wants to have them again. Score!

I used one rutabega per person. Peel the rutabega, slice into "cottage fries," place in a single layer on a baking sheet (I put them on that no-stick aluminium foil) and lightly spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoning of your choice (I used Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime) and bake at 400 for about 25 minutes, turning halfway through. Serve with ketchup and they are REALLY good!