View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #67
Elladorine
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwShucks View Post
Hi Elladorine! You can run along with us! You and BigChiefHoHo might need jogging strollers!
Thank you kindly! Ooh, hubby and I actually talked about picking up a jogging stroller back when I was still pregnant; he knew how important starting this was to me. But my SIL gave us a [regular] stroller that they don't use anymore, so we decided to hold off on spending on it. For now I just run at night so he can watch the baby, but we're planning on getting one in the next few months. I think it'll be really fun to take the baby for a run, especially when he's old enough to really enjoy the scenery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsusan View Post
Well done, Elladorine! I wish I could back up time and start a little earlier too (I mean, earlier in relation to the ages of my children- just to set better examples) but we are where we are and my eldest (17) has just started running from zombies, so I think they are realizing how much happier I have been since I started taking care of myself.
Thanks! And, well . . . it's never too late! While I was pregnant I often thought of my own mother and how frustrating it was that she was always too tired and/or sickly to do anything with us as kids, and I vowed to become the kind of mom that's active and involved. And nothing against my mom (or anyone else), as she had her own demons to deal with, but I don't want to face the same struggles she did. Kudos to you for taking the time to take care of yourself now.

Did my W1D2 late last night. I love roaming our neighborhood after dark! It's calm, quiet, and pretty when lit up. It's made up of two roundish blocks that are a quarter mile around each, and together they form a figure eight. It's easy to keep track of how far I've gone and I like the fact that I'm always close to home in case of an emergency.

I'm still a bit congested but it felt easy enough to want to keep going once the cool-down was announced. I plan on doing W1D3 on Wednesday and hope my body's back to normal by Saturday so I can do W2D1 without a coughing fit.

Tonight is my weekly weigh-in and I'm hoping for a loss. But if not, no big deal . . . I do expect to stall a little from the training.

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote