Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #90
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

Rennie - I read quite a few recipes for the Oopsie bread yesterday. Do you use cream of tartar or baking powder. Most recipes called for the cream of tartar but a few said baking powder. This one woman said she added a bit of stevia to the egg yolks if she wanted a sweeter taste and parmesan, garlic and oregano for a savory taste. Another added dry mustard and dill. So I guess you can do a lot with them. I'm definately going to try them, but I don't have many eggs and no cream cheese right now.

Have you ever made cauliflower rice? I've been reading alot about that too. They say it does not taste like rice, but I like cauliflower so I think I could eat it in place of rice sometimes and enjoy it. One woman said she grates it and puts it in freezer bags in 2 cup portions, then brings it out when she wants it and finishes the preparation.

I was going to look online for a good low carb cookbook, maybe if someone on one of the low-carb forums has had good experience with one, but I think I have one in my cookbook collection so I will look there first. I might have what I need. I think I want tips to making foods lower carb rather than preparing complete low carb meals.