– Walked, CREDIT moi, wearing all the layers since the impending Spring doesn't seem to affect the weather. Found DW outside tending to our small yard as if winter were ending. She did acknowledge that the ground was still frozen.
Eating on plan, CREDIT moi, included swordfish for dinner. WHAT? Thought that was permanently off our menu. Nope, Whole Foods sold some as 'sustainable.' So we ate away, with the only issue that DW reminded me that I was consuming enough mercury to become my own thermometer. Oh Well.
– Yay that your "new fitbit foodplan is working."
Best wishes for continuing to chase down the long term care for your mother.
– Sounds awful to hear that your MIL fell and you're too far away to help. Good luck in your experiments in getting sound sleep.
- Yay for "hunger is not an emergency"
coming to the rescue. Kudos for four days completely on plan. Thanks for reminding me of a favorite line by Yevtushenko in his poem Stolen Apples
The odor of love is the scent Debbie (Lexxiss)
not of bought but of stolen apples.
– Yep, Kudos for finding sane eating when all the expected's keep changing. Hope your new schedule works out for you.
– Neat decision to eat something you really wanted so "now I won't be eating everything instead of that."
- "I will stick to it"
is a stellar response to disappointment in slow response. LOL at two rotisserie chickens - gotta remember that you're required to put a lot of food on the table.
- Ouch for finding yourself in your kids' food. Mac and cheese is known as a problem food on this forum.
- LOL at your "curious crow"
- is there a story with that? Textbook good idea here, "I need to read the Advantage cards and Response cards to cut off the craving behaviours."
day 13 Overcome Cravings
You can take a number of steps to respond to your next craving. The first five steps help you prepare you mindset, and you should use the following every time you have a craving:
5. Remind yourself why you want to learn to withstand cravings. Read your Advantages Response Card. You won't be able to attain the wonderful benefits of losing weight unless you tolerate your cravings. If you continue to give in to them, you'll always be at risk for gaining weight.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 131.