Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #86
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

Trish - I think I am going to try Fiber One Cereal instead of oatmeal. I can still have oatmeal once in a while since I like it. Fiber One has 60 calories and 14 gm of fiber per 1/2 cup. The first time I tried it I didn't like it, so I used it to make Fiber One Chocolate Haystacks and they were good. Then I tried it again as cereal and I grew to like it. I am trying it in the evening instead of with my morning eggs. The eggs with a bit of veggie mixed in holds my hunger pretty good so I'm going to stick with that.

I didn't eat any beans or lentils for several days and I didn't have any of the pains I was having. I went back to adding some lentils to everything that's appropriate such as soup, greens, vegetables, but in smaller quantities than I was eating before. Yesterday I had chili with kidney beans and I have not had any pain from either of these. So I think I was eating too much, too fast. The beans and my Fiber One should give me a good fiber count.

Rennie - I watched a woman make the Oopsie bread on Utube. She wasn't crazy about it and was making jokes about it, but I am going to try it and make my own decision. I will have to check over the recipe again to see if I can use egg substitute instead of eggs. (Note: I checked the recipe and I can't use them because you have to separate the eggs. Duh!) I don't know what I would use it for but I at least want to see what it tastes like. If I can't find a use for it I just won't make it anymore.

When I checked online for Ezekial Bread I put in my zip code and the stores that came up were stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joes to name 2 that were familiar to me. It's too far a drive to either of those just for the bread. I will check in the store I thought I saw it in and will buy it if they have it. I saw a recipe to make it home made and it sure had some weird ingredients! LOL

I think the reason you are not regular is because you are doing low-carb. Adding fiber usually means adding carbs, so you might not want to go that route. I am at the opposite end of the spectrum from you. I go at least 3 times a day, sometimes more. I always wonder how I could be so fat with my food coming out so much! LOL My husband has a couple nicknames for me that can't be shared publicly.

I am on my second treadmill. Someone broke the incline on my first one. No one owned up to it, but they had to know they did it. I used it for a while then decided I wanted a new one so I sold the old one at a yard sale, cheap! When I went to cardiac rehab the exercise physiologist told me that the elliptical gives you a much better all around workout. I like it for my knee because you don't get the pounding you get on the treadmill. They started me out at 3 minutes. It is much more strenuous, but you get your heart rate higher with less effort than the treadmill. After I got mine, I started out at 3 min and increased it every couple days by only a minute or two until I got up to 30 min. Since I do other things, 30 min is enough. Two things I like...you can use it without electricity as long as you don't want to track your distance, etc on the electronic panel. Also, it doesn't make noise, so I don't have to have the TV blaring while I'm using it like I do the treadmill. You might feel embarassed only using it for a few minutes at the gym, but you seem to be into exercising enough that you will quickly be able to increase your time gradually and get up to 30 min or more, and with more intensity. Some people use it as though they are running. I use it as though I'm walking.

I wish I had never stopped exercising like I used to. Hindsight is 20/20 and the best I can do now is get back into it.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy : 03-18-2014 at 11:50 AM.