View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #46
khuynh

Thumbs up Thanks for posting to this thread.

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting. Iím glad that I found a forum that has this as a part of it.

Iíve been on OptiFast for 7 days now; yes Iím counting the days. I have a lot of weight to lose. I cannot wait until the tiredness stops. Thatís really the only side effect that Iím having an issue with. You really have to be in the right place to do this diet. I have chronic bursitis of the hips and just couldnít stand the pain or shots anymore so I have to lose the weight. Plus, Iím rather lazy these days with all the work that goes into eating. You know, planning, shopping, cooking, cleanup, etc. So I was eating out a lot. My kids are gone so I donít have to cook.

I also have issues with the scale. The scale and I havenít been on speaking terms for decades. It causes me to yo-yo. Thatís from suffering from Anorexia Nervosa before it was commonly known, if it had a name back then.

So Iím on this for 7 days and I think Iím running at about 900 calories a day. If that is the case, this is the lowest calorie a day diet that Iíve lasted more than a few days. My clothes are getting baggy (my way of tracking). Iím not experiencing some of the sever side effects I usually get, which Iím still in awe of. Either I am completely ready for this or itís not that bad. It may be a bit of both. I know that Iím so done with being a pin cushion. Those shots hurt!

Reading your posts actually made me feel better about this process. Not that I was feeling bad per say. But I was feeling concerned/fear about the unknown and your posts help temper that. Before I can transition into the second phase, I need to lose 15% of my body weight. I hope I can do it in 12 weeks Ö yesterday was hard, the smells at work during lunchtime were taunting me. Today I hope it is better.

Oh and the vanilla shakes taste awful to me, ack! Iím going to try Strawberry.
khuynh is offline   Reply With Quote