View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #151
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies A friend put together an hour's worth of pictures from the Hubble telescope and other pictures from deep space. I'm reminded that in some future life I'm going to be an astronomer. He showed a computer simulation of two galaxies colliding, stopping it at the specific points that matched images from his photos of galaxy pairs in that stage of interaction. The mind boggles. BIG of the universe is hard to comprehend.

Walking as normal, CREDIT moi. Tried to remember that brisk mattered. There's no snow or ice on any sidewalk - enough of a tease to think that we'll see no more snow this year. Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, including only evening snack.

onebyone LOL at "3 more sleeps til Spring" - just need the weather to get the memo. Ouch for 'helpful' folks who feel free to offer opinions on our private decisions. Congrats for your loooong relationship - may it continue for another 22 years and 22 years after that, and then again. Let the new sugar-free streak begin.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Best idea ever - Green cabbage salad for St. Patrick's Day. Super Kudos for your continued exercise streak.

CeeJay - Yay for "went out and got some fresh air and walked around" without mentioning temperature. Spring is even coming to Canada.

maryann - Yep, Kudos for having a plan forward. I'm inspired how you are able to see that your life is blessed while still acknowledging your feelings.

ladym0208 Such a good idea to allow all your success in Africa to boost your own awareness of your self-esteem. Beck would do well to add a chapter to her book on Cognitive Therapy strategies for doing this.

nationalparker LOL at the importance of bubble bath - Yep, priorities matter. Kudos for sticking to your eating plan.

Tricia (AZtricia) - 3 Kudos for "walked an extra 3 miles today." The scale will notice what you're doing - in its own good time.

flnu - Thirty-seven Kudos for rocking that 5K. LOL at weekend eating, "a free for all by design." That kind of situation triggers my more-more-more mentality.

6crowsgold - Kudos for seeing that you're in for a wild ride at work and heading forward with (field tested) tools and a plan. By-the-by, I haven't figured out your Avatar yet. Is that a parrot looking at me askance?

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

Anti-Craving Strategies
Mindset Techniques
You can take a number of steps to respond to your next craving. The first five steps help you prepare you mindset, and you should use the following every time you have a craving:

4. Imagine the aftermath of giving in. Go ahead and think about eating the food you're craving. Imagine it in your mouth. How many seconds does it take to eat it? How many seconds do you feel pleasure? Now visualize the rest of the picture - the part of the experience you usually don't think about until it's too late. Picture yourself feeling weak and out of control. See yourself feeling upset, giving up, continuing to eat more and more, feeling worse and worse. So you start to feel heavier in your body or more heavy-hearted? As you become upset in the image, remind yourself how many times you've given in before, how you promised yourself you wouldn't do it again, and how hopeless you felt.

Now that you've seen the entire picture, which seems better: eating or not eating.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 130.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month