View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #57
Tafadhali

S/C/G: 255/208/??

Height: 5'4"

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the warm welcomes! Wow, so much nicer than MFP. Yay!! I love that so many of us are in the same boat starting and restarting this program. Post babies, post life, etc. It always feels good to know there are people who understand what you're going through when you set a new challenge for yourself.

Well, the kiddo and I finished week5day3 today. 20 minute run really wasn't a problem, of course we're slow as can be. Covered just under 1.5 miles. We did it though and lived to tell the tale.

My peroneal tendons in my left leg are giving my fits. I fractured my left ankle about a year ago and it's been grumpy ever since. From my 5th metatarsal up the side of my calf where the peroneals run was really ouchy for almost my whole jog this morning. Not sharp pain, but very crampy tight.

I'm trying to formulate a plan to keep full blown tendonitis from setting in. This morning we did a cardio warmup (from Fitnessblender), then stretched, then the 5 min walking warmup that's part of C25K. I still felt really, really tight. I'd guess it took the better part of a mile for my muscles/tendons to warm up and relax because only the last bit of my jog was relatively pain free. Very frustrating!! I bought some KT tape today, I have a foam roller. I don't know what else to do to get my legs warmed up better though. I feel better later into runs. The first mile always sucks, but it's sucking more than it should.

Other than that, I felt great! Ha! Don't sweat week 5 y'all. By the time you reach it you'll be ready. The 20 minute run wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. If my darn tendons would relax, it'd actually be enjoyable.

Last edited by Tafadhali : 03-17-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Tafadhali is offline   Reply With Quote