Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #83
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

Rennie - Usually I check my receipts before I leave the store if I can't watch at the register. I am overcharged on 1 out of 5 trips to the store, and I am well aware of which stores are the culprits. The best one was recently when I bought some kale and collards. I think the woman at the check out was leaning on the scale because the kale rang up 8 lbs and the collards rang up 7 lbs. Both bunches were less than 1 lb, actually. They told me the scale was broken, but I think she was just unintentionally leaning when she put the greens on the scale. I got a refund of $22. I'm going to watch that more closely now. Most of our grocery stores give you the item free if it scans wrong. Our WalMart and Target are very good and our KMart is terrible. They are also very bad at removing the signs after a sale is over, and in that case, they have to honor the price on the sign.

I thought eating the oatmeal with the eggs (protein) would keep it from having that effect. That's what the nutritionists tell you. They aren't always right.

Edit:
I could have sworn I saw Ezekiel bread in one of our local supermarkets, but a search online only showed it in a few stores in Pgh. I don't want to go that far just to try it. I also looked up the oopsie bread. I might try making some, but I don't think it would ever substitute for bread for me. I'm just going to have to learn to do without somehow. LOL

I got back to exercising today. I did 15 min on the treadmill, 10 on the elliptical and 25 min with weights. I will try to do something every day, even if I don't feel like it. Your intensity is so much better than mine. I am afraid to increase intensity because of my heart issues. I keep telling myself if I am at least moving, I am doing better than if I were sitting in my recliner. I wear a heart rate monitor and go more by length of time than intensity. We all fluctuate back and forth, especially if we weigh in often.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy : 03-17-2014 at 08:16 PM.