View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #56
Elladorine
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsusan View Post
Hello Elladorine! Congrats and welcome! I also never reckoned myself a runner- but I find myself enjoying it now because I don't have to compete with anyone but myself. I'm using 5krunner.
Thank you! Yeah, it definitely helps to compete only with myself, to be able to go at my own pace and do everything on my terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefHoho View Post
Elladorine - Hi! Congrats on your baby (I creeped through your signature link and he's ADORABLE)! I've got a new one too; she just turned two months old on Saturday. So we're kinda in the same postpartum boat.
Aw, thank you! That must be your little girl in your avatar? Such a cutie!!! Is she your first or do you have more? I'm still new with this whole mommy thing, lol.

I'm still a little under the weather so I'm ecstatic that last night went without a hitch. And I'm still annoyed I got so sick when I had just barely started, but what can ya do? But it's why I'm not pushing myself to get on with week 2 just yet. We'll see how I feel tomorrow night!

A little backstory on myself: starting on March 5th was very symbolic for me; I was at the end of a massive regain at the end of 2011 when I found out I was pregnant. I was terrified! Although I'd already lost quite a bit, stress had hit me hard throughout the summer and fall so I was about 25 pounds up. I was exhausted, cranky, overwhelmed, could no longer even bend over . . . how I was I going to be able to handle being pregnant and taking care of a baby in my condition? I felt even worse for even thinking such things when I had the miscarriage in mid-January. I knew I had to take control of my health again, so I sat down and had some long talks with myself. I'd always wanted to be a mom and knew I had to change my priorities if I ever wanted it to happen. I read some books, wrote out some plans and ideas, and gave myself time to mourn. And for whatever reason, I chose March 5th, 2012 as my "reboot" date and promised myself that was the point of no return. When the date arrived, I was ready with a journal to start recording my meals and activity. I worked my butt off! By my first anniversary, I'd lost over 50 pounds, giving me a total of 150 lost since my highest weight and putting me at my lowest weight since junior high! (I was already 250 pounds by the time I was 14 years old and until recently, had never gotten anywhere under 220). I had just started C25K around then, and had just signed up for the gym to get use out of the pool.

It was less than a month later that I found out I was pregnant again. I was ready this time! I felt strong and capable and had already been taking great care of my body for a year. So although I had to cut the running, I continued to walk and at least had the pool. I continued to take care of myself in addition to the growing baby, keeping up with my health journal and doing my best to make great choices.

The little one arrived in mid-December, and after discussing things with my doctors and getting over the hurdle of PPD, I felt that restarting C25K on March 5th was perfect. Not only was it the second anniversary of my health reboot, it was the day my little guy turned 12 weeks old. About 2 weeks before I decided to do a test run, and found I was able to do a quarter mile non-stop (albeit slowly, lol). That got me extra excited! Way back when I was at my highest weight of 360, I could barely walk from one side of the room to the other! I'm so proud that I've come such a long way and can't wait to finish this program!!!

Being able to run is amazing. It makes me feel strong and capable of anything!

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote