View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
If you ask a "normal" person what they feel when they're hungry they don't feel anything past hunger, maybe weakness, fatigue, unclear thinking and other issues related to the physiology of needing fuel. People like me? I feel anger, frustration, anxiety, sadness, loneliness.
I really related to this statement. Anger, frustration, anxiety, sadness, loneliness- those are feelings I struggle with all the time and especially when I'm tired or hungry. It makes me feel better to know that there are other people in very different situations that struggle with the same. It makes me think that it's not what's outside that is causing it but what is inside. That gives me hope because I can deal with inside stuff.

I needed to read this thread today. This morning I was reading a story about a man who lost 180 pounds in eight months. Eight months. Now he runs 10 miles a day and looks great. I went to his blog looking to see how he had been eating. He just made a few ambiguous statements about being low carb and cutting out soda.

I think it may be time to unsubscribe from all of the weight loss websites and forums that I haunt except for this one where I know there are IE people to talk to. I lost five pounds last week eating intuitively but I'm starting to suspect that no amount of weight loss in a week will ever be enough to make me feel good about myself. I can't rely on outside factors for that anymore, it has to come from within.