Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-21-2014, 01:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

Default Freakin' ONEDERLAND! -92lbs. Pics included.

Welp, I've hit another major milestone in my journey. Gonna delve into the past a bit...

When I was a kid, I was fat. Always fat... in fact I can't remember a time in my life where I wasn't fat. It's been the way of life for me. So as you can imagine, I was over 200 lbs pretty early on in life. Probably by early middle school is when that 1 changed into a 2... and so it has been that way forever.

I had my wake up call last March, nearly a year ago. I had a really horrific realization when I stepped on a scale (which I had been putting off for a long time). That 2 was about to turn into a 3, and needless to say I lost it. So I decided enough was enough. Now nearly a year later... that 2 that was about to become a 3, is a 1 again. 197 lbs!!!

I still have plenty more to go. Nearly 60 more lbs to take off on my journey but getting to this point makes me feel like I've stepped into a time machine. I can shop in NON-plus size stores again. I wear 12's instead of 24's! I can run miles. MileS. Not a mile... MILES. It's been a liberating experience for me, and I wish everyone on their journey the same feeling of success. Remember that no one is stopping you from being the real you... except you! You've got all the tools and strength you need to get it done.

OK pics. This is an old pic of where I started in the 280's vs me at around the halfway mark:

Now me, at 197lbs! Cruddy cell pic of doom... sorry. Will do real photos soon~

From profile~ I got new heels ... now that I can walk in heels.

Lastly... I've been doing lots of running, and aside from the weight loss I'm so happy my legs are finally getting some definition.

Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

WOW! You look amazing! Fantastic job. what a difference a year makes. You are an inspiration. Well done. It must feel fantastic to be fit.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

That's amazing. Really inspiring. You look so good. How did you go about doing it?
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:26 AM   #4  
Back 2 Low CArb living

S/C/G: 220/210/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Great JOb!!!
ames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #5  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:46 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Now we can see your lovely face and when you are your goal weight you are going to very beautiful - on the outside. I am sure you already pretty good looking on the inside.

You have done a wonderful job and i hope you get to your goal and join the maintenance crowd when you get there. Cause it doesn't stop upon reaching goal. Prepare yourself now for maintenance. You've done so much work, you can't go back now or ever. I think maintenance is harder than losing so bear that in mind.

But for now, you look great and you can celebrate in your new clothes.

I hope you've shared your journey somewhere as i'm sure it will help others.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:35 AM   #7  

Gorgeous!!! Congratulations on all your hard work paying off!

Isn't it amazing how forgiving our bodies are? I couldn't walk across the street when I started, now I run 5ks. Nothing short of a miracle!

This is the first post I read this morning, you made my day with this post!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

WoW! You carry your weight amazingly well. Fantastic job on the exercise and getting that definition in your legs! Great job on the weight loss too! Congratulations and good luck on your continued journey!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #9  
Don't Stop Believing!!!!

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

You look great!

donijo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #10  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm with Elvis, what a wonderful post to start the day with!! You look amazing. You should be extremely proud

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, been big since forever, and I can't wait until I am no longer forced to shop the plus size stores!

You are doing awesome!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #11  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

You look great!!! WTG!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236.4 /217.4 / 153

Height: 5' 7.5"

You look fantastic. Thanks for sharing
stubbornostrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #13  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations!!!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #14  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

You look FANTASTIC! WAY TO GO!!!!!
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

TwoTots: Thank you TwoTots! It's amazing how much difference a year makes. When I first started... a year seemed like an eternity. Now it's flown by and I can't believe the significant change on my body. Keep fighting and you'll see it too!

ILoveVegetables: Thank you! ^///^ I'm using the WeightWatchers program to modify my diet and control my portions. I've been going to the meetings and it's been a huge help in keeping me accountable and motivated. Second I've been exercising like crazy. I actually like exercising now as crazy as that sounds... I run 3-4 miles a day, 5-7 times a week. Then I also do strength training for my legs, arms and core. Don't wanna be too flabby when I get down to my goal weight.

ames14: Thank you so much!

Kitcherella: Thanks!!!

Pattience: Thank you so much!! ^^ Yes, I'm devising a plan for maintenance because as you said... I never want to go back to where I was. I was miserable then. I decided if I can do it, I'd like to become a Weight Watchers leader to stay involved with the program. Sort of that "lead by example" and keep me even more focused on staying at my goal. I've also invested in getting myself my own treadmill and making a home gym so I have the equipment to exercise at home. Lastly the diet... which becomes the toppling element... Honestly I'm just going to stick with Weight Watchers and continue to go to the meetings even if I can't become a leader. I know it takes a long time to make these things habit but I definitely will continue them after I reach goal so I don't get complacent. Thanks for the encouragement!

elvislover324: Awww thank you! What a sweet compliment. It is amazing how forgiving and strong our bodies are. For my body to have NEVER have been physically active I was shocked the first time I ever ran a mile non-stop. I didn't think my legs would carry me that distance and now I'm doing 3-4 a day without problem. I can't wait till I'm running some 5K events! Thank you again, and kudos to you for your success. From a stroll down the street to 3 miles...wow!

yoyoma: Thank you so much!! ^^ I feel pretty fortunate that when I started losing weight my body was taking it off evenly on all places on my body. I'd really like to continue to tone up my thighs and arms, but I'm not complaining about my new body. I still have a long way to go, but I feel good about myself already... and that's something I haven't felt in a long time.

donijo23: Thank you thank you!!

Silverfire: Thank you so so much! That's a nice compliment to hear! You can do it, the feeling is totally worth it... although I warn you when you finally walk into the non-plus size section you will be in a state of disbelief. Everything you pick up off the rack, you're like "There is no way I'm squeezing into this..." and then voila! hehehe Best of luck to you Silverfire~ See you in the skinny section!!

Jasmine31: Thank you so much!!

stubbornostrich: Thank you so very much~

Mozzy: Thanks so much!!!

watchoutforthatcar: aaah! Thank you for the kind words!!

Last edited by Dybbuk; 02-21-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote