4 packets Splenda
2 cups rolled oats
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
2 extra large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Pour boiling water over the oats. Mix, cover, and set aside to soak. Meanwhile, beat the butter, sweetener, eggs and vanilla together until fluffy and smooth. Add baking powder and salt to the oats; then pour the oats into the creamed mixture and combine well.

Drop by teaspoonful 2-3 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes and cool completely on rack. Store in an airtight container - layers separated by waxed paper or paper towels.

This recipe comes from Protein Power, but lists NutraSweet as the sweetener. I've altered it as above because the aspartame loses its sweetness during the bake time for these cookies.

Makes 24 cookies. 4 carbs per cookie.
Jennie527 is offline   Reply With Quote