View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #23
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Windy Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN MARCH MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

It got up to 62˚s yesterday and the talking heads say it more of the same today. Surely feels like summer and the trees havenít gotten their leaves yet. Weird weather for sure. It got up to 82˚s the other day so I imagine we will have a long hot summer. The apple tree in our backyard has buds on it.

I must have thrown my favorite glass drinking straw away by mistake awhile back for I have not been able to locate it. I tried using my glass cuter to cut a long one down last evening and ended up using my glass grinder to cut it for I have a tiny wheel attachment that works to smooth real small pieces and will grind a hole so I used it to cut through the straw. I have a couple more of really long straws that I intend to cut down also. One is really fat that will be great to drink smoothies with. I had ordered the long ones to use in a glass project awhile back. They are nice and thick glass and make wonderful drinking straws. I do have a set of stainless straws that have spoons on one end for root beer floats and such.

Will has been doing some research on an old time Sheriff who was a very good one named George Bardsley. He got a call from the museum director this morning to come to the museum to meet Bardsleyís great grandson who lives in a different state and is visiting here. He told Will that his wife has a thick file on Bardsley that he will have her copy and send it to him to compare with the information he has already gathered and what she doesnít have Will can share with her. This is the character Will is in the re-inacting plays. That nice man has invited us to visit him at his home in CO which we will do when we drift around in our MH. CO has some very nice places to stay and see.

We just got back from the church which Will preaches at once a month and I am sleepy. I did have a good nightís sleep but that long drive with all the brown fields got monotonous. Iíll drink some coffee and wake up for sure.

DONNA FAYE Has Jack been snorkeling before? It was customary when I lived in CA to practice a lot in a swimming pool before hitting the ocean with diving gear. I am sure he will like it, why don''t you go with him? Too bad there isn't a teenager to help you tote those groceries into your place.

Jean Meatloaf sure sounds good. I think I will make one this week. I am sure I have what it takes meat-wise in my freezer. BURR you are way colder than we are today.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote