View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 AM   #79
jasmine354

S/C/G: 192/164/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Dress Stress!

I went bridesmaid dress shopping yesterday with the gang and it turns out I can now comfortably fit into a size 14 I was fitting a size 16/18 when I first started this process. We found lovely dresses, but as my friends wedding is not until October, I thought I will hold off a couple of month before ordering mine. Of course the sales rep tried to warn about the possibility of the dresses being discontinued and this of course stresses the bride out! The sales lady then says she can alter any dress up to two sizes smaller...I feel really bad because I don't want to stress out my friend, but I am also trying to avoid paying for a $200 dress and then pay having to pay another $100 in alterations? What would you do? I am weary about ordering a smaller size than I am now because you never know what can happen...I myself feel pretty confident that the dress is not going to be discontinued, i think its all just a sales pitch, but I also know that when you are the bride, your perspective can get a little blurred because of all the things on your plate. Do you think I should just suck it up for my friends sake?