Old 09-07-2003, 02:06 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go

These are from the book. They were ok the first time, but the leftovers haven't been as appetizing, lol. They could easily be doctored up, though.

Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go

1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
3/4 cup egg substitute
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced onions
3 drops hot sauce (optional)

Microwave the spinach on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain the excess liquid. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Divide among the muffin cups. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Makes 12 cups, or 6 servings.

Per 2 cup serving: 77 cal, 9 g protein, 3 g carbs, 3 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 160mg sodium, 10 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber.

They are very small, about an inch or less thick, so don't expect muffin sized quiches
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 12:46 PM   #2  
Fighter

My thoughts on these quiche cups -- they need more cheese, less spinach, and salt and pepper. I made them today, and I think next time I'll use half a package of spinach, 1 or 1.5 cups cheese, a tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. I think that would make them taste a lot better!
HarmonyBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:02 PM   #3  

Arrow i tried this . . .

I couldn't find low-fat shredded cheese, and am too lazy to shred it myself, so I used full fat sharp cheddar.
I used all the spinach, but none of the onions and peppers because I do not like them unless they are thoroughly cooked. I also omitted the hot sauce.
I used 1/4 t Mrs. Dash original salt substitute.

As modified, I only got 10 muffins, and they cooked in 16 minutes, even though the oven was only up to 323 degrees.

They are delicious!!! I recommend Mrs. Dash original, and next time I may add more., for a little more pizzazz.

At 10 g fat per 1/3 cup of the cheese (according to the label), and ten quiches, I figure 2.25 g fat per muffin cup, or 4.5 g per "serving" of two. With rounding, this could be up to 5 or 6 g (in case you are concerned!)
marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:12 PM   #4  

I use chopped broccoli instead of spinach. Sometimes I add lowfat shredded deli turkey. Yummy!!!!
GavinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

That's weird... I could have sworn I just posted here. Ruth, are you messing with me?
I'm going to make some right now, and I'm going to use broccoli! Thanks for the idea, Gavinsmom!
And I'm going to cook my onions first!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, I'd never mess with you. You might give me your SIL's terrible dogs.

I have made those quiche cups in foil muffin papers sprayed with PAM. You can peel them off pretty easily before micro-zapping. I did them with leftover green beans last time and even picky Harry liked them.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:51 PM   #7  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I spray my muffin papers, too with Pam or else the darn things stick and you either have to eat the paper or throw away 1/4 of the quiche! Yeah, and I don't eat paper! I make spinach/mushroom/cheese ones for lunches and Canadian bacon/mushrooms/cheese ones for breakfasts. Mmmm
Jennie527 is offline   Reply With Quote