View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #66
AmberLS
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Amber...you are to be commended. It is most important to be honest with yourself!! And you are well on your way to self accountability with what you have included in your post. Many of us find daily weigh-ins do that for us. I am one of those who finally made my peace with it...and it is as much a part of my AM ritual as brushing my teeth now. Plus..even if I dread it because the day before I had restaurant food...etc......(and OH MY...I think that will be a forever challenge)...not weighing does nothing to help my personal war on weight. The not having to deal with the scale is like pretending you are not overweight and need IP ...or some plan to lose weight. Then there is the "National Registry" which does research on weight loss. That source, and several others say that unequivocally...daily "weighers" end up doing better at losing...but most importantly ... maintaining at a MUCH higher percentage than those who do not. It is like exercise...it becomes habit and you have to condition your mind to handle the fluctuations. A once a week weigh-in is not a guarantee that 1 time is going to capture you at the LOW POINT of your week!!! At least if you are up a pound...you know where you were 72 hrs ago....and also KNOW you did not go off the rails...so you can toss an wiley data point as a deviant number!!...and hope the next "official" weigh will show a bigger decline. For me this activity associated with both losing and maintaining was a head and mind adjustment...just like the reality...carbs create cravings and promote faster weight gain for me than any other food group! That is a reality...so I had no choice but to accept my maintenance was going to look different than some one who is 5'6" ..25 years younger...and does not have insulin resistance!!!

Your decision to stay away from a potentially difficult social event tonight is also proof you are honest with yourself, and making decisions based on your desire to take care of you first and foremost. It will get easier...at some point. The drinks will not always be an issue. And at that point your decisions will not be based on what you are trying to accomplish today.
{Just know your decisions of today...may very well influence what is important to you in the future though...and that is not at all bad!!! } Some of us find not drinking like we used to at events prior to IP is actually OK...if not preferable. Sometimes...I'd rather have a piece of chocolate than the wine...it's all about you!!!

Sounds like you are going in the direction of being able to give good advice to members who may struggle with decisions... because you have been there and done it.

Congrats.
This is another milestone in your journey.
A real NSV!!!
And each one of these decisions and new habits ....
Makes you stronger...which is good because...

We are never done with this!
Thank you so much, someone who understands my weighing, my doctor actually told me during my prior journey that it was a good way to keep myself in check as long as I understood the daily fluctuations of my body. And I'll tell you I did a lot of experimenting with weighing myself mutlitple times a day, I can actually tell you at what time I'm heaviest, how much more most clothes weigh lol, and that peeing first makes a difference. The scientific part of my mind has always been curious. I like to chug a bottle of water and see if the scale goes up just cause my logical brain says it should. However for the purpose of this diet I find daily morning weights are obviously the best and I also found that the time change messed that up. Which is strange that in that extra hour of sleep I would lose that extra pound, now instead of weighing at 6:30 it's a lb lighter at 7:30 (I only did this for a couple days after time changes as an experiment.) Anyway I'm all over the place here, I really just wanted to tell you thank you it's nice to feel understood. I am very honest with myself and I plan to retain that, I am my own worst critic.