View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #33
Ruth Ann
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post to the board. I am on day 11 of the IP diet...sooo happy to be through that first week- I felt sick and weak for a good chunk of it so lurking on this forum really helped me through that as I could see it wasn't abnormal and was something that would pass if I gave it time. This week though I'm struggling with cravings. I have two children and so I have things in the house that I can't currently eat like cookies and crackers but there are times in the day where I just have to come to my bedroom with a glass of water to wait out an intense craving. Have others found the cravings to be something that pass over time?

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Welcome and congrats on getting through the first few days! Like Bella said, hot tea is good for cravings or pickles (for some reason it kills the sweet cravings for me), brush your teeth and sometimes you just have to distract yourself - got for a walk, clean something, etc. It does get better - at least it did for me, it just takes a little time.

I've had the crackers, cookies, etc. around the whole time I've been on IP and not long after I started they didn't even interest me. I buy them for the guys but the cravings just stopped. I think once we break the cycle of "oh, that looks good I'll eat it" and really are having to pay attention to what we eat it gets much easier.

Hang in there - it gets better!

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn