View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
AwShucks
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

All I can share is my own experience, and in my case, I just had to white knuckle it until whatever I was giving up was out of my system. The biggest challenge I had was sugar. I've been sugar free for up to a year at a time several times in my life. When I don't eat sugar, I don't crave it. If I give in and have just a little treat, it leads to more, and more, and pretty soon, I want it all the time. Giving it up is really hard - all I do is think about how I can't have it. Then, suddenly, after about 3 or 4 days, it's just a non-issue. Someone can eat a cupcake right in front of me and I don't want it. Since I've experienced this phenomenon several times, now, I see it as a pattern with my body and mind. My suggestion is to just bite the bullet and give up whatever it is that you're trying to resist. Think about it, rant about it (you can do it here!) but don't give in to the urge. You just might find that with a little time, you can get past those cravings. Best of luck to you both!

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote