View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #11
AwShucks
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi Dolly! So glad you decided to post over here. Since I'm not British, (but a big Anglophile!) I hesitate to look in on the UK forum - sorry to hear it's a tad slow. Really, I've not been turned away from anywhere I've posted. I think you'll find the place friendly as a whole.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. I sympathize with your grief and understand how quickly things can spiral out of control with eating. Years ago, my father died suddenly. I was in my late 20's and having some success with one of my many attempts at weight loss, and after his death, I just went numb for about a year -- and of course, gained everything back.

It is a tribute to your daughter that you want to better your health to live for her. I can imagine what a good mother you were to her.

Now that you're getting a handle on your eating, start small with a little lightweight activity. You will be amazed how good you feel and how quickly your body will adjust. You might have some discomfort at first, but keep going - with persistence, you will get stronger! And, you will succeed! All the best to you!

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote