View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #50
AwShucks
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi Tafadhali! So sorry to hear about your injury. I live in Houston, and running on the streets has me fearful for just the same scenario. People in vehicles just don't want to share the roads! It's amazing that you've recovered enough to want to run again. Yay for you! And, it must be fun to have a buddy to experience this with that's on the same level - such a good example for your son, too!

You and I are on about the same level. I just finished W6. Don't be afraid of the 20 minutes. You can do it! It's just amazing how the program works. I've had to prove to myself that I can run - didn't really believe that the C25K would work for someone overweight. I have mistakenly believed all my life that all runners were tall, lean people who must be 'lighter than air'. So much for that!

Keep us posted on your progress. I think just hearing everyone's experiences helps. I really don't know what my reactions/experiences to/of running should be - this is new territory! It's great to know that it's just as intimidating, as well as thrilling to all of you, too!

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote