General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #1  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Smile Any anime fans?

I wasn't sure where to post this and a search of the forum yielded older results. Any anime/manga fans out there? I'm always trying to make new friends on here, so I figured I'd ask! With Anime Boston fast approaching, I thought I'd see who else was a bit of a geek when it comes to animation.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

Yo Thousandsunny! I was a much bigger anime/manga dork in my younger years but I've been watching some series recently thanks to more selection on Netflix and Hulu. Latest I watched was Attack on Titan which I liked/although it's incomplete as an anime and manga gets a little expensive.

I also started Elfen Lied but it's rather violent... @_@ Dunno if I'm going to finish it. Always looking for good recommendations though... I love comedy, shoujo/romance, fantasy, horror... which is pretty much ALL THE ANIMES. xD
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

I'm a big fan of anime, but not so much of manga. It started with Studio Ghibli movies, which I devoured. Then I ended up binge watching all 190-something episodes of Inuyasha. I didn't even like it much when I started out but it grew on me. After that I just wanted more, so I found a bunch of series like Fushigi Yugi, Buso Renkin, Kaze no Stigma, Rurouni Kenshin, etc. and just didn't stop.

Like Dybbuk, the last one I watched was Attack on Titan, and it frustrated me no end that they haven't announced the second season yet, because I love it.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #4  
Sailing the Grand Line!

@Dybbuk: I read Attack on Titan online and I followed it for a while and lost interest, is that bad? XD

@ILoveVegetables I love Ghibli works!! I remember watching Totoro as a youngin' and the rest. If you're into console games and have a PS3, I highly suggest you get Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It's Studio Ghibli's rpg and it's incredible.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:48 PM   #5  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been into anime for over 10 years now. I haven't had much time to watch/read much lately, but I do have plans to watch Attack on Titan, Unbreakable Machine Doll, and Sword Art Online soon.

The most recent anime I've watched were Inukami and Speed Grapher. The most recent manga I've read was Deadman Wonderland. I'm halfway through the Black Butler manga and getting into the Inugami manga.

Alltime favorite anime will always be Full Metal Alchemist though. FMA and InuYasha were the first anime that I watched when I learned what anime was. I was a fan of Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon when I was younger, but I didn't know that was anime at the time.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:58 AM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm an anime fan. My husband and I actually met an at anime movie night in 2004 and got to know one another in those once-a-week meetings, with our dialog primarily being snark on the bad dubs. We got married in 2006 and still love anime, even if our children don't give us much free time to watch it anymore

I got into anime as a kid with Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z (so awful, so memorable). They're still on my favorites list, especially with the fanfiction. Campy, but a special place in my heart.

Our favorite anime overall are Gasaraki, Read or Don't/Read or Die, Fullmetal Alchemist (movies, both series, manga, etc), Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Whisper of the Heart, and on and on and on.

Yeah, we love anime.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 03-22-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 105kg/103kg/60kg

Height: 1.60m

Surprised no one has mentioned Death Note yet
JamieToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #8  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I've always loved animation (especially Disney!) but I'm an anime fan too. I still love old-school shoujo anime, especially the magical girl stuff like Fushigi Yuugi, Magic Knight Rayearth, Wedding Peach, etc. One of my favorites is still Sailor Moon; I actually designed a parody of the Starbucks logo a few months back starring Usagi:

I'm not into it as much as I used to be, but I'm excited that Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal is coming out this summer!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #9  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Elladorine - I'm excited for that too!

My boyfriend and I started watching "My Bride is a Mermaid" last night. Its really cute and funny.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #10  
Sailing the Grand Line!

Wow, nice to see so many people! A diverse bunch of series mentioned too. I remember the days of Dragonball and Sailor Moon fondly, haha . I can't say I miss them but they do hold a special place. People have mentioned Fullmetal Alchemist; probably one of my all time favorites as well! Also a big Soul Eater fan but my number one will always be One Piece (hence the username, haha.)

Glad to see y'all, hope to keep hearing from you!

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 03-27-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousandsunny View Post
Wow, nice to see so many people! A diverse bunch of series mentioned too. I remember the days of Dragonball and Sailor Moon fondly, haha . I can't say I miss them but they do hold a special place. People have mentioned Fullmetal Alchemist; probably one of my all time favorites as well! Also a big Soul Eater fan but my number one will always be One Piece (hence the username, haha.)

Glad to see y'all, hope to keep hearing from you!
I totally agree! Dragonball will always be my fav, it really effected my childhood and I'm really convinced, that you can learn a lot of thoses Animes for your life
jerah is offline   Reply With Quote