View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #48
AwShucks
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi everybody! Well, running 25 minutes did not kill me, I'm glad to say! Yes, it seems surreal to even type that! After the 5 minute walk, I just set an easy pace and kept at it. It did seem long, and a little boring -- but you have to consider that I'm just going round and round an indoor track (running around basketball courts!) I wish I had the confidence to run outside because the weather has been really lovely lately. I think I just need to prove to myself that I can do the program "my way" (on the track - with very few spectators) before I take things public - know what I mean?

However, every time I'm asked to do more, I can do it. That's just the greatest feeling! I hope all of you are feeling it, too. I've never been an athlete so to know without a shadow of a doubt that what I am doing is making a difference in my body is just so satisfying.

I don't run again until Monday, and I have no idea what comes next. I choose to be surprised by W7! Happy running everyone! And, thanks for letting us know you'll be gone for a while, MagicSusan -- We might've thought that you ran right off one of those lovely Swiss mountaintops! PS: I know just what you mean about the mental aspect. Fewer but longer runs seem a little easier, even though you're running for the same total time frame. It must be one of the little "tricks" they put in to keep us progressing to the next level.

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs

Last edited by AwShucks : 03-14-2014 at 11:30 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote