View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #221
karkrazy13
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykadea View Post
I know this question has been asked a million times, but I just want a more recent answer. Has anyone subbed in a quest bar a day in place of an IP food and have still had significant weight loss, no hindering?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You may want to check the Quest bar thread before purchasing. Not all of them are "IP compliant"
Babykadea, below is some info about Quest bars. I found a great website that discusses alternatives that are IP acceptable. The website is http://diettalktoday.com.

I buy the Quest Natural bars, which are sweetened with Stevia and Erythritol. I also make sure to stay within the "unrestricted" range of 8 net carbs or less. Here is the info from the website, using the Quest Strawberry Cheesecake bar as an example (one of my favs! ):

The Quest Strawberry Cheesecake bar has 160 calories; 20 g protein; 5g fat; 25g carbs; 2g sugar; 6g sugar alcohol (erythritol); 17g fiber; and 105mg sodium.

"...since our bodies donít digest it, we can deduct the 17g of carbohydrate coming from the fiber in the bar. All Quest bars use isomaltooligosaccharides, which is a 100% natural prebiotic fiber that keeps you full, but doesnít raise your insulin levels. Also, Quest uses the sugar alcohol erythritol in this bar, a sugar alcohol which ranks a '0' on the glycemic index, meaning that it does not impact on our blood sugar as it is digested. So I can subtract both the full 17g of fiber and the 6g of erythritol sugar alcohol from the carb total, giving this bar a net carb count of just 2g. In my opinion, this is a great alternative bar."

So, I really think Quest bars are a great alternative to IP bars, and a lot of them can be considered "unrestricted".

Good luck to you!!

One for every 5 pounds lost!