South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #1  

Default New here.... and frustrated!

Hello, I am new here but not new to SB

I have been on for 2 weeks and 4 days. My first weigh in was 160.5. I am 5`2. I have fluctuated down to 158.5 then back to 160.

I have no strayed from plan at all. I exercise 3-4 times a week for 45-50 min on elliptical.

I have done SB before and the weight came off so easy.

Heres a sample of my menu:

Breakfast : Usually 1 real egg w, eggbeaters added, RF cheese, spinach, sometimes mushrooms, or ham..sometimes soy sausage.

Snack, usually celery or cucumber w/ hummus

Lunch - usually a big salad w/ a can of tuna roasted red peppers and slilced up cheese stick, w. Light Italian dressing. Sometime I have turkey or ham instead of tuna - or lettuce wraps w/ tuna salad

Snack. Usually cukes w/ ranch or hummus

Dinner - Always high protein - usually chicken, sometimes lean meat or turkey chili.

Once and a while I will have SF yogurt or a Sf popcicle

WTH am I doing wrong?
frustratedfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Mind you I am no expert, but with the amount you are exercising (I assume really breaking a sweat) it doesn't seem like you are getting enough calories. Your food choices are great, but your portions may not be great enough. Many times our systems go into starvation mode and will hold onto weight because the body doesn't think it is getting enough nutrients. Also, are you drinking enough water? If you do not have a lot of weight to lose normally it is a slower process. Plus hormones can stall weight loss. I hope this helps.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

I do have the same problem that you are having. Like Jennifer said, it could be that you are not eating enough for all the training you are doing. Also, when your body is used to this style of eating it makes it so hard to lose.

I would suggest that you play with the calories and also if you are training hard increase your protein. I know we don't count calories but try to do it for a few days and see if you at least are hitting 1200cal...there are websites that can tell you exactly how many calories according to you body, height and activity level. I know for my own experience that when I'm on PH1 most of my days are under 1200 calories which will set your body in starvation mode. Try to eat food that are higher on calories like nuts, protein, beans, etc..

This is my second week and I haven't lost a single lb...however, this past two years my weight has been pretty much the same (gain and lose the same 5lbs) but my body has changed a lot. I see pictures of myself of two years ago and now I look like I'm 20lb less.

My problem has been that I eat good/clean during the week and on weekends I eat all kinds of food. That is why I decided to go back to SBD...I need to have my have my sugar demon under control.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with what's already been said. You might actually not be eating enough. Have you done body measurements? Often there are changes in size without changes on the scale.

Something else that sometimes works for me when I am stuck is varying my diet and intake. Eating more one day, less the next. (I learned about this years ago on Weight Watchers.) The theory is that our bodies adjust to a caloric intake so it can help to confuse things.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #5  

Thank you guys for your support - I drink a ton of water and I am pretty sure I am eating plenty of calories. I always eat too much at dinner, last night I had eggplant lasagna - noodle free - and I had two servings :{

Most nights I do eat quite a bit. And I tend to snack on nuts quite often.

Jekel383 mentioned hormones... I think I may be peri menapausal. I am 43 but I have reasons to suspect that I am...

I guess I will just have to keep on swimming - (from Finding Nemo)

I refuse to quit

Just for the record I have at least 20 lbs to lose

Last edited by frustratedfatty; 03-14-2014 at 08:18 AM.
frustratedfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Isn't peri great!!! I am 42. I am getting better at recognizing my "off days" There are usually three days in a row where I just cannot feel settled or satisfied with my food choices. it is not uncommon for my weight to fluctuate by 5 pounds or more. I just keep reminding myself to stay calm, it will pass
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote