South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default On Plan Thread March 10 - 16

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

How's it going for you?

Of course feel free to share your daily on plan menu
Old 03-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #2  

Oops, forgot to start this thread this morning... ah well better late than never.

Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Egg white omlette with diced bell pepper & ketchup
V8

Cauliflower with cheese and chives
Almonds
Diet A&W

Greek Yogurt

Meatballs with nsa marinara
Green beans
Glass of skim milk

Apple slices
Cheddar, reduced fat
Old 03-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #3  

Hi Lindsey

I'm doing P1.5 too although I think I'm gonna have to exercise if I'm to get to the 140s. Did ok yesterday except I had too much fat at dinner ate some sausage made from ground pork but they were specialty sausage I eat maybe 2 or 3X per year...a treat...cheddar, jalapeno.

B: 2 coffee ( 1 w FF creamer & Truvia, the other w just Truvia). LF cottage cheese with 3 or 4 strawberries chopped up.

L: I'm thinking just a couple turkey hot dogs steamed w mustard as I have to be out midday and need to eat quickly. Small apple.

SN: string cheese stick & maybe some celery w tomato hummus.

D: Lettuce & tomato salad, fish almondine.

Lots of bottled water.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Phase1
I didn't see this thread yesterday so here is mine from Monday...

B- scramble with spinach and 2 slices of turkey bacon and coffee with 2oz of milk.

S-1tbs of peanut butter and 2oz of milk.

L- Zucchini cakes and chicken breast and green tea.

S- String cheese and coffee with a bit of milk.

D- steamed broccoli and baked chicken breast.

I drank 84oz of water
Old 03-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlygirly View Post
Hi Lindsey

I'm doing P1.5 too although I think I'm gonna have to exercise if I'm to get to the 140s. Did ok yesterday except I had too much fat at dinner ate some sausage made from ground pork but they were specialty sausage I eat maybe 2 or 3X per year...a treat...cheddar, jalapeno.
Cheddar jalapeno sausage.... sounds delish!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #6  

Greek yogurt with slices of banana, 0 calorie chocolate sauce & crushed peanuts
V8

Cheese string
Jello

Eggs
Turkey bacon
Greek salad
Glass of skim milk

Cucumber slices
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone!

I am new to SB and this is may day 2, Phase 1 menu......critique is appreciated!!

Breakfast - veggie omelet
Snack - veggies and dip
Lunch - greek salad
Snack - sf jello
Dinner - porkchop with sauerkraut and green beans
Snack - 2 SB PB cookies with a glass of milk

And lots of water and green tea!!!

Beth
Old 03-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #8  

Hi Beth

Your menu looks good just be sure that your pork chop was a loin cut otherwise you might be ingesting too much fat. I assume you're veggies are all SB friendly too as in non-starchy ones such as broccoli, peppers, etc.

As for myself, lunch yesterday ended off OP due to being on the run. Got back on track at dinner with turkey burgers though. So today is another 1.5 day. I did manage to walk a little..half a mile partly because when we walk the dog he isn't quite so yappy & I don't like yappy Sue

B: 2 coffee w FF creamer & Truvia. LF cottage cheese, blackberries & a couple strawberries.

L: LO homemade cauliflower bisque and a salad.

Dinner: Fish almondine I never got around to making yesterday. Maybe some sauteed zucchini.

Prob snack on some raw almonds & a mozz string cheese as usual.

Lots of water the rest of the day.

Sue
Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #9  

Hi Beth, welcome to the beach!
Your menu looks good to me, though you may want to add in some beans to stave off any detox symptoms that some people get. Also, make sure you are getting in 4 1/2 cups of veggies, really helps to keep you feeling full.
Make sure to check out the recipe section of the forum, there are some wonderful meal ideas that our fellow members have posted over the years.

Quite the day today, a big old slap in the face from old man winter. Big snow storm dropped a whole heck of alot of snow here! Though I got the day off work, but I spent much of it shovelling... but I am going to count that as my exercise for today.

Protein cheese cake w/ blueberries and a dab of greek yogurt.
V8

Celery with pb
small square of dark chocolate

Veggie soup
Diet coke

Hotdog salad
Brocolli
Carrots

Apple slices and a cheese string
Old 03-13-2014, 06:35 AM   #10  

Good Morning All!!

Thanks for the menu advice pearlygirly and RiverGirl - today I am having chili so I will be getting some beans in

RiverGirl I see that you are from Hamilton....I am from Waterloo so we got the same dumping of snow....it is -19 outside right now (feels like -30) - I am soooo ready for summer!!!

Well here is what I am eating today;

Breakfast - egg crust breakfast pizza with lots of veggies
Snack - celery and laughing cow cheese
Lunch - chili and a side salad
Snack - sf jello
Dinner - hamburger patty (homemade) with salad
Snack - 2 PB cookies with a glass of milk

I am finding that all the snacks are a bit much for me - are there mandatory??

Well I am off to dig my car out and start another day!!

Happy Friday Jr!!!

Beth
Old 03-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #11  

Good Morning Beth & Lindsay,

Beth, I have not read the book in some time but I do recall the book makes an issue of having the snacks. I think it's to keep you satisfied & to keep you from getting too hungry and over-eating at mealtimes and/or reaching for something inappropriate. I would eliminate 1 snack if you feel it's too much and listen to how your body reacts in terms of hunger pangs. I read somewhere the body needs fuel approx every 4 hrs to keep the metabolism stoked so also you might want to think about how your snacks are spaced in relation to your meals. I know for example, I don't really need a snack in the morning but there can be a long stretch between lunch and dinner since we sometimes don't eat til 7 so I find snacks to be very handy in the afternoon. I say tailor them based on your hunger needs

B: Same old, same old...2 coffee w FF H n H and Truvia. LF cottage cheese only no fruit.

Lunch: Green grapes, LO red lentil/garbanzo stew and maybe a scoop of tuna.

Almonds and cheese stick & prob a cup of tea to tie me over til dinner.

D: Not sure but will prob make some sort of casserole, maybe taco bake as I never tire of mexican food and I work late tomorrow & Sat and could use some leftovers. Salad.

Lots of water.

Sue
Old 03-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #12  

Thanks pearlygirly! That's what I have been doing.....eating when I am hungry....it doesn't make sense to me to force myself to eat....

Well day four went well....I stayed on plan and while I am feeling awfully tired, I am otherwise feeling pretty good!

I am off to read some of my new book before bed....and then it is time to get some sleep!! LOL - it's only 7:30 here but it feels like midnight to me!!

Have a great night!!

Beth
Old 03-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #13  

Hello, I am new here but not new to SB

I have been on for 2 weeks and 4 days. My first weigh in was 160.5. I am 5`2. I have fluctuated down to 158.5 then back to 160.

I have no strayed from plan at all. I exercise 3-4 times a week for 45-50 min on elliptical.

I have done SB before and the weight came off so easy.

Heres a sample of my menu:

Breakfast : Usually 1 real egg w, eggbeaters added, RF cheese, spinach, sometimes mushrooms, or ham..sometimes soy sausage.

Snack, usually celery or cucumber w/ hummus

Lunch - usually a big salad w/ a can of tuna roasted red peppers and slilced up cheese stick, w. Light Italian dressing. Sometime I have turkey or ham instead of tuna - or lettuce wraps w/ tuna salad

Snack. Usually cukes w/ ranch or hummus

Dinner - Always high protein - usually chicken, sometimes lean meat or turkey chili.

Once and a while I will have SF yogurt or a Sf popcicle

WTH am I doing wrong?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #14  

Beth I agree with Sue, you should eat when your hungry... so long as over the course of the day you are getting in all your protein/veggie requirements. Personally I tend to skip one of my snacks just based on my work schedule but I always make sure I get my 4 1/2 cups of veggies for the day.
And yes it has been a seemingly never ending winter in Southern Ontario this year... Hard to beleive with the temperature outside that spring is only 8 days away.

Sue Totally agree about the mexican food, its such a staple for me on SBD, flavourful & on plan!

Frustrated Your menu seems fine to me, I assume they are appropriate size portions... The number on the scale does not always reflect the acheivements our efforts bring. For example last summer July through September. For those 3 month I ate almost entirely on plan, deviating only a small bit on my birthday & I saw no movement on the scale. So I exercised longer & tried changing up the exercises I was doing, hoping to see the scale budge, but it didn't.
I was extremely frustrated and losing hope. At one point in October I had to buy an dress for an event that I had coming up and so off to the mall I went. Imagine my shock and delight to discover that even though the number on the scale hadn't moved, I had dropped 2 dress sizes.
Sometimes our bodies change and shift even though the scale doesn't reflect it.... from that point on I started taking my measurements, and I find it an extremely helpful tool at gauging my weightloss, even more so than the scale.
Keep at it, do not let the frustration get you off plan... You stick to it & you will acheive your goals.

Last edited by RiverGirl; 03-13-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #15  

Egg white omlette w/ bell pepper & laughing cow (jalapeno flavour)
V8

Carrot sticks

Veggie & chick pea soup
Diet A&W

Caesar salad w/ romaine lettuce, onion, Renee's dressing, chicken, turkey bacon & fresh parmesan
Glass of skim milk,

Turkey roll up w/ cucumber, onion & mustard
Pickle
Closed Thread