Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

Default Medifasting Startup

I am about to begin the Medifast diet starting this upcoming week. (wednesday will be the day).

I have been doing my best to limit my eating habits in order to prepare for this lifestyle change. I have lost 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks and I have been avoiding fast foods, junk food, having lean cuisines, choosing the healthiest options eating out and just generally eating healthier - and smaller - portions. I think my mind is conditioned (somewhat) to the change I'm about to make but still I'm looking for any tips or advice you all have to offer? I have been poring over weight loss blogs, Medifast tips and articles about the diet online but I still feel like I want more information on how the first couple of weeks go with this diet.

Thanks for reading.
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 332/292/240

Height: 6'2"

Hi Paige! I started Medifast a couple months ago and blog about it every day. If you go to my January posts, there's a lot of anecdotal stuf about how I felt on a day to day basis... Feel free to check it out!

weightlossachievementunlocked.blogspot.com
MarshallJansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #3  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Paige - I'm about to wrap up Day 3 (started Friday) and LOVE the program. I'm coming off of a very strict diet called Ideal Protein. MF offers so much more variety, support and more food/guidance. I am so happy that I made the change and surprisingly, it's actually fun.

Here are some tips that I've learned so far:

1. Are you on Instagram? If so, start searching for people to follow for inspiration: #tsfl

2. Purchase a blender if you don't have one. There are some shakes that you can blend, add ice, and put in the freezer for a cold treat.

3. Cut bars into bite sized pieces and put in freezer for when you are ready for your MF meal.

4. Don't eat more than 2 bars per day.

5. Journal and pre-plan.

You're going to love it! And don't forget to turn to all of us for support.
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #4  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=KareVT;5019880]Hi Paige - I'm about to wrap up Day 3 (started Friday) and LOVE the program. I'm coming off of a very strict diet called Ideal Protein. MF offers so much more variety, support and more food/guidance. I am so happy that I made the change and surprisingly, it's actually fun.QUOTE]

I am starting MF after being on Ideal Protein for 2 months. I am so hungry all the time on IP, and tired too. A friend of mine made the jump from IP to MF and is doing so well on it! My coach told me for breakfast I can do it for myself, an egg and 2 egg white omlette plus a small piece of whole grain toast. Toast! I'm giddy with excitement. I am glad to meet someone else on these boards who was formerly on IP!!
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:17 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Hi Paige - I'm about to wrap up Day 3 (started Friday) and LOVE the program. I'm coming off of a very strict diet called Ideal Protein. MF offers so much more variety, support and more food/guidance. I am so happy that I made the change and surprisingly, it's actually fun.
I just placed my first order for TSFL and about 2 mos ago I stopped doing Ideal Protein as well. I had lost 35 pounds before going on vacation and then I just couldn't get re-motivated. I'm hoping TSFL will be the motivation I need to finish losing the weight I need to take off.
jbrand29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #6  

[QUOTE=Tuscany123;5071949]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Hi Paige - I'm about to wrap up Day 3 (started Friday) and LOVE the program. I'm coming off of a very strict diet called Ideal Protein. MF offers so much more variety, support and more food/guidance. I am so happy that I made the change and surprisingly, it's actually fun.QUOTE]

I am starting MF after being on Ideal Protein for 2 months. I am so hungry all the time on IP, and tired too. A friend of mine made the jump from IP to MF and is doing so well on it! My coach told me for breakfast I can do it for myself, an egg and 2 egg white omlette plus a small piece of whole grain toast. Toast! I'm giddy with excitement. I am glad to meet someone else on these boards who was formerly on IP!!
Can anyone tell me the approximate cost of Medi fast especially compared to Ideal protein? Thanks
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:29 PM   #7  

I don't know the cost of Ideal Protein, but depending on the number of boxes you order for the month with MediFast, it can run between $250-300+ per month. You cook one meal on your own... a protein and veggies.

The great thing about it is, it is all portioned out for you so you don't overeat. You eat 5 of the MF meals per day and one of your own.

Works great!

I've lost 15# in two weeks!

Best of luck to you. Let us know what you decide.
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:40 PM   #8  

Wishing you lots of success, you can do it!

Last edited by Kauai2Bali2Seattle; 03-11-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Kauai2Bali2Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:43 AM   #9  
Macie--Medifast

Default new to medifast

hi paige!
How is your medifast going so far?!
Im on day five and im loving it so far!
medifast1 is offline   Reply With Quote