UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:25 AM   #1  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Default I'm starting to take control once again

Before I reached 50 (I am 64 in May) I managed to control my weight just fine. I was a fat school girl but a slim size 12 young nurse,and a size 16 young mum which I managed to stay at.
Following a bereavement my husband and I ballooned. I am now 18st 9lbs and only 5ft 5inches. The weight has settled mainly on hips and tummy... I look like a ball on legs and it isn't a pretty sight. As you can imagine I am very unhappy with all of this, so comfort eat.
My husband is getting the weight off by exercise, walking the dog and cycling. I can't do any of that at the moment because my hips knees and ankles are suffering badly. We recently moved house and the stairs are getting to be a nightmare
My doctor’s sister belongs to the same crafting circle as I do and she has weight problem too. Like me, she needs to shift a fair amount quickly and then tackle the rest with healthy diet and exercise. She has found a cheaper alternative to Cambridge, ‘Shake that weight’ on the internet; 4 shakes a day, or 3 with a healthy evening meal and she has lost a stone in 3 weeks but like me, that is just a drop in the ocean, but as she says it is great to feel in charge again. Her brother is monitoring her.
So, I have an appointment with him on Friday for a complete health check and if I get the green light and if he agrees to monitor me every week or so, I shall order my stuff straight away.
It will be nice chatting to you all and getting exercise tips for when my joints stop complaining
Dollydimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138.6/122.4/120

Height: 5ft 5"

good luck with ur health check and start of ur journey :-)
LittleMissNiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #3  
Trying hard

Thanks Nikki,greatly appreciated. I'm a bit nervous he may say 'NO Way! so I'll let you know how I get on.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #4  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

Jolly good and welcome! Like I have said in another thread, everyone is diffrent so it takes some tweaking and experience to find the right path for you. Once you have found it , I am sure the pounds will peel off in notime! This place is a godsend for people that want to lose weight and the people here are ever so friendly. Have you ever considered swimming or water zumba? I have a friend that is overweight and disabled and she just loves her water activities, she's done o so well on it sofar! It's easy on the joints and quite alot of fun too!

Hope you get on allright and welcome (if i already did not say so!)

xxxx
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #5  
Trying hard

Well, funnily enough Sorrow, I picked up a leaflet only this morning at our local pool. I'm interested in the aqua aerobics wait for it... for the elderly So I'll follow that up
Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #6  
Trying hard

I thought, 'In for a penny, in for a pound' this morning so ordered my shakes which will be here sometime tomorrow. I know I'm not seeing my doctor until tomorrow morning but if, as I hope, he says yes; even if I order straight away they won't be here until Monday at the earliest. This way, I can start as soon as i get back from the surgery. If he says no, my friend will buy them from me, so it has made sense.