Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #65
Wannabehealthy
Happy to be healthy!

S/C/G: 217/ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Trish, my tax stuff is still on the table. I hope to have it done by the weekend. I guess a lot of people use their table as a drop-off because my son and DIL do it too.

How long do you keep your receipts? Are they for tax purposes or just for your records. I usually keep a receipt until I know the item I bought is satisfactory and I intend to keep it. On larger purchases, we have a metal box in the basement where we keep receipts for warranty purposes. DH said we should have a box upstairs and put every receipt in it. Sometimes I buy food items and by the time I'm ready to use it a week later I realize it's bad, but the receipt is gone. One time I had shredded cheese and there was a pinhole in the bag and it went moldy in a few days. The receipt was gone by then.

You are doing very well with your fiber. Mine is not as high as yours. On the days I don't eat beans I don't get pains, but on the days I eat them I do. And I don't notice it when I eat chili with kidney beans, but only since I've been eating the lentils. I don't like to waste food, so once the cans of lentil soup are gone I think I will switch to a different type of bean. In the meantime, I'm limiting the amount of lentils I'm eating.

"Whatever your goal, you can get there as long as you are willing to be honest with yourself about the preparation and the work involved."...Oprah Winfrey

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending...Carl Bard