Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #65
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

Trish, my tax stuff is still on the table. I hope to have it done by the weekend. I guess a lot of people use their table as a drop-off because my son and DIL do it too.

How long do you keep your receipts? Are they for tax purposes or just for your records. I usually keep a receipt until I know the item I bought is satisfactory and I intend to keep it. On larger purchases, we have a metal box in the basement where we keep receipts for warranty purposes. DH said we should have a box upstairs and put every receipt in it. Sometimes I buy food items and by the time I'm ready to use it a week later I realize it's bad, but the receipt is gone. One time I had shredded cheese and there was a pinhole in the bag and it went moldy in a few days. The receipt was gone by then.

You are doing very well with your fiber. Mine is not as high as yours. On the days I don't eat beans I don't get pains, but on the days I eat them I do. And I don't notice it when I eat chili with kidney beans, but only since I've been eating the lentils. I don't like to waste food, so once the cans of lentil soup are gone I think I will switch to a different type of bean. In the meantime, I'm limiting the amount of lentils I'm eating.