View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 AM   #112
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Delivered our tax info to the accountant - CREDIT moi for doing what had to be done. I had to get up at 2am to get it all assembled, so a nap to finish my nights sleep was needed later. One great appeal of heaven is that surely there are no tax forms to fill out. I don't mind paying taxes, it's the d*rn forms that drive me bonkers.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi. Dinner was a bowl of udon noodles with beef and veggies at a Japanese restaurant. The bowl is so big, but it's easy to consume the whole thing. I expected that salt to add two pounds to the scale this morning, but it didn't. Snacks were on plan, CREDIT moi, with my afternoon snack being a single small bite of DW's granola bar made with cricket flour. A sustainable planet will require more of our protein to come from insects; this is a good start, but a granola bar is still a candy bar - not a useful part of my eating plan. I couldn't tell that I was eating crickets although I tried to imagine it at every crunch, but that was almonds.

onebyone – LOL at "snowstorm-last one?" Are you new to Canada? Good that your sister will play the 'bad guy' with the staff at your mother's home so that you can play 'good guy' later as necessary. Continue to send supportive thoughts.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yay for reasonable plans.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – Kudos for devising specific strategies that work, "Drinking cold soda water with ice in an insulated drinking bottle to satisfy my cravings."

maryann - Thanks for the beautiful image of that kid in the Giant John Deere. Now I want to see a walnut shaker - OK, thanks google. [My thought exactly, "A two-byte dessert is a two week weight gain I fear."]

nationalparker – Kudos for continuing to be there for your parents even as you have your own pain to deal with. Sending supportive thoughts as you continue to process the results of his tests and ponder how you can help them both.

Tricia (AZtricia) - That's a lot of exercise - Kudos. Hats off for your ability to consider avoiding the pizza when the whole swim team is indulging at your table. I've been through the dyslexia diagnosis. Our experience was that a period of one-on-one tutoring changed our DD's life; she learned the strategies that allowed her to conquer the written page.

6crowsgold - Neat that you've found this forum when you need a Diet Coach (or Buddy if you're reading the green book). We serve as Coach to each other and invite you to serve as Coach and be coached by all of us. Kudos for having your Eating Plan in place (calorie counting) and for moving forward. I join you in that "think fuzzy" bit if it isn't written down. Glad that you've joined us.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

Anti-Craving Strategies
Mindset Techniques
You can take a number of steps to respond to your next craving. The first five steps help you prepare your mindset, and you should use the following every time you have a craving:

1. Label it. Tell yourself, This feeling is just a craving . . . It's uncomfortable and intense, but (like hunger) it's not an emergency.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 130.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month

Last edited by BillBlueEyes : 03-14-2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: typo