View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #12
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wonderland Wendsay

GOOD AFTERNOON IN MARCH MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

I am trying to re-visit some of the yummy recipes I have that helped me down the road to thin and thought you might like this one. This is a yummy recipe that won’t cost a lot of points for 2T of regular grated Parmesan is 1 P+ and cauliflower and garlic are free of points.

MASHED CAULIFLOWER
Steam some cauliflower florets until they're soft.
Place in a bowl with grated Parmeason and minced fresh garlic
Mash with a potato masher to a consistency of mashed potatoes.

This is good when the cauliflower is still warm from being steamed
& also when chilled the next day.

Went out to eat with friends yesterday for noon and I was a good girl. I had a hamburger patty and a cut up tomato and a glass of water with a lemon wedge. (They were out of cottage cheese.) The other folks ordered what they wanted and we had a great time. I have renewed my desire to get on down this road to thin and pay better attention what I eat.

We had fun at the range and I got to shoot my newly acquired S&W 22. It works great and yes, I could hit the targets. I had the trigger tricked down from 12# to 8.5# when it was in the shop to personalize it to my finger pull. My S&W 38 was tricked out like that. There are round targets about the size of a small paper plate which pop down when you hit one and I still have a good record. The 22 will be a handy gun to keep on my gun belt when tramping in the outback where there are mean little critters AKA rattle snakes. I do like to be prepared and hope I never have to use it ~ but you just never know.

Ok back now ~ I have been gone awhile. We went out for lunch and had Chinese food and I know by know how to pick what to eat at her place. And then went and visited the buffalo and a drive about the area. It is now just after 4 of the clock and has been a lovely day with wind subsiding.

DONNA FAYE A short get away is always good. Our next trip to Texas will be a short turnaround kind. Enjoy getting away even for the day. Your grandson is no longer a little kid. He looks really good and healthy. I remember being in high school and being 14. Yes, he will be making memories to look back on when he is old. What grade in school is he in now?

JEAN I too am hoping for some rain. Hope your black cat shows up soon and nothing untoward has happened to it. I hope your "lunch bunch" went well today. Fun having friends gathered around for lunch isn't it.

SUSAN I am so very thankful I am not allergic for I love Yankee Candles. None of our friends that come to this house are allergic either so we have several nice fragrances from which to choose to sweeten up the place. I certainly wouldn't have them if I had a friend such as you that came over though.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 03-12-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote