Thread: Fiber Counting?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #75
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/221/135

Height: 5'2'

Steelslady I am so sorry to hear about your precious daughter. She sounds like such a wonderful special young lady. Please know that she, you and your family will be in my prayers as you walk through this ordeal. I pray things will be corrected quickly and this will be just a memory so that she will live a long, happy and wonderful life.

Thank you so very much for your help. I printed the post you wrote me for reference. I haven't seen the okra chips, but I will keep looking and if I can't find them, I just might learn how to make them.

I actually took what you shared and I think that things finally came together for me today. I realized that all I have to do is take the low carb diet that I like to do and just add the fiber to it. I did that this morning and at lunch. Then when talking about this to my best cheerleader, my oldest son, he suggested that I eat a veggie burger made on my double fiber bread. That's what I'm doing for dinner to night. I've got my plan made for today and without a snack I've got 1,381 calories and 45 grams of fiber. A little over on the sodium, but my mild fluid pill will take care of that. I'll start watching the sodium more in the product I purchase from now on. I can add a snack if I need it that will bring the calories to 1,421 and fiber to 52. But I don't think I will.

My weight was up 1.6 lbs and fasting blood sugar was up 12 pts, but none of that bothers me because I'm sure it is because we ate out at Popeye's yesterday. First and last time we will eat there. Strange that DH can eat hot wings, but he couldn't eat all of his food because it was too spicy hot.

I have heard that although the claim the don't that restaurants do us MSG. I actually think that they do or they use something that gets to me. The last 3 or 4 times that we ate out, I came home and just feel wiped out. Of course, it could be just the fact that we don't eat out as much as we used too.

Pattience Hello and thanks so much for sharing the recipe/formula. I copied it as I think I could do that one. I love salads and this will give me a change so they don't get boring.

Aleka I am post-menopausal and I think that is why I have to work harder to lose weight. I can't do high calorie and lose weight either. You are doing great.

Lilliann I used to love to cook when my second hubby was living because he would eat almost anything. Present DH is difficult to please as he is a picky eater. His Mother used to tell me that when he was little that she would cry because he would not eat what she fixed. Now, I'm one of those people that if it takes more than 30 minutes to prepare and cook, I don't usually want to make it. It has to be really special or a holiday with company before I spend hours in the kitchen these days. DH and I only eat one meal together so once a day I try to cook what we both like and then I make the side dishes the way he likes them and my sides like I like. It isn't too bad cooking for just the two of us. Next week will tricky as DGS will be here for a week during spring break from college.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote