View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #7
tabletop1234
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 180/172/145

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolabs View Post
I have had great success losing the weight with IP in past. I did it in 2012 and lost 50 lbs in 4.5 months. I kept off most of year but gained about 17 back towards holidays. I restarted at new year in 2013 and lost it all again. I struggle with maintaining. And I am back up again. Except with 27 lbs back. It came back even with calorie counting (under 1200 cals a day). I know my metabolism is not strong, but I feel like my body is more susceptible to weight gain than ever. I live a low carb lifestyle overall and by no means am pigging out.

I am frustrated with this weight gain and really down on myself once again for letting these pounds come back. I even started running 3-4 miles 4 times a week to curb the gaining and that is working but I can't lose.

Here's the question- should I go back on it once again? and after weight loss implement increased exercise to avoid the gain back once I return to a semi- normal diet? I wonder if this diet has really affected my metabolism and if I can ever recover it?

Feeling discouraged!

Hi Twolabs!
I have struggled with weight loss and gain my entire life as well.
My suggestions: Since you want to lose, and it worked for you in the past, yes go back on it. But really talk to your coach regarding maintenance. A lot of clinics are having dieters in phase 4 return monthly to ensure you are not gaining weight. That way it hold you more accountable for your weight. But don't cancel your session if you think you gained, realizing the truth of the gain may help you not gain more. I also suggest making sure you drink lots of water and don't eat late! Water will fill you up and helps with weight loss and maintenance. It's also recommended to exercise daily after losing the weight even for 20 min. a day. You are the final person who is responsible for your weight loss. This forum is the main source of my motivation so find what works for you. Hope this helps and keep your head up high!
tabletop1234 is offline   Reply With Quote