View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #213
trinny

S/C/G: 178/154/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
Anyone ever tried Oh Yeah Victory bars? Looks like they're similar to Quest in that they're high protein/low net carbs. They'd be restricted (maybe even super-restricted) due to calories, but reviews are excellent. Folks say they're softer than Quest and no sugar alcohols.

Profile is:

Calories - 200
Calories from fat - 55
Carbs - 28g
Fiber - 20g
Protein - 21g

I ordered a couple of flavors here and will report back if they're decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
For someone doing the program 100% OP, I'd say to stay away from those due to the sugars. They aren't using stevia, they're using agave syrup (not as "healthy" as touted), evaporated cane juice crystals (sneaky way to say SUGAR).

As someone who avoids gluten, I see these may be helpful to me in maintenance.
Well, since I already ordered them, I went ahead and tried these bars despite Lisa's good advice on the sugars. I had the chocolate caramel bar last night and it was really, really, REALLY good. Crunchy and chocolaty with real peanuts. Very satisfying. Didn't have that fake sweetener aftertaste, to which I'm usually pretty sensitive.

This flavor also didn't have the agave syrup or evaporated cane juice. Just looked at the ingredients and looks like they use malitol and sucralose, as well as some sugar and corn syrup (bad, I know) but the quantities can't be huge when you look at the carb breakdown.