View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #34
IBelieveInMe2
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 222/218/145

Height: 5'4"

Angry Hello (again.............................)!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated!!! I just wrote out a LONG post which included major personals to idgie_marie and Fi.............. and I LOST the post!!! And now I have to go work out and do errands. Don't know when I'll be able to take the time to answer you two (and others) again. I will make it as soon as possible!

Basically, idgie_marie, I try to find a healthier alternative to what I am craving (e.g., craving a chocolate milkshake.....eat one chocolate kiss) when an intense craving comes on. I find that if I restrict myself too much, the "forbidden" item becomes even more attractive to me and I end up pigging out on it eventually. If I absolutely HAVE to have something, I try to just have one or two bites. That is PROGRESS, especially in the beginning!!! Remember that it is about PROGRESS and NOT perfection! It doesn't have to be all or nothing! Oh, and on the weekends, try to have some sort of PLAN. They say that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I personally HATE planning ahead, but it really does help. I also like to really focus on the good things I did during the week (and how good I feel about myself when making healthy choices) and ask myself (before eating bad stuff or eating too much), "Is this really worth ruining all of the progress I made during the week?" I think about stepping on that scale and which action will take me to the desired result, and TRYING with all my might to choose wisely. It is so much easier said than done, but those are a few tips. I had written a bunch more, but oh well, it's lost in cyberspace!

Fi: I am so sorry that happened with Bob. Seems very insensitive to me, too. For me, communication is not a strong suit with hubby and I, so I just eventually need to LET GO of my anger and resentment in these situations. Not the healthiest option, I know, but the only way I can function again after such an incident. I try to talk about it if possible, but if he is being unreasonable, it is easier to deal with it on my own. It would be nice to have an apology or acknowledgement of some sort, wouldn't it?!? I hope you two will be able to discuss the situation and you can get some resolution. If not, just try to do your best to let the situation go and not beat yourself up about your "outburst" and don't keep replaying the situation in your mind. It is done with and YOU SURVIVED!!! That is the main thing. Life goes on. Use your "brain over binge" technique to fight off those cravings! You can do it, Fi! You are so strong!!! Sending you a big hug!!!

Okay, now I have to scoot! Doing pretty well on eating and exercise, but no more pounds lost.............. YET!!! I will NOT give up, darn it!!!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote