View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #119
Cajunlady165

S/C/G: 281/235/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldens.
I've been Mia for a couple weeks. Just busy and overwhelmed.
We went to my cousins weekend before last and made 100lbs of sausage, 20 lbs of Tasso, and 60 lbs of boudin. We were very tired but had fun. Last weekend dh and I went to the camp Friday night and got up Saturday and closed down the camp for the summer and brought some stuff to the summer camp. Oldest son needed our help with a hurricane fence so we went to his house for awhile. Youngest son called us to supper Sunday afternoon. That lil son is an awesome cook. He cooked beef toast. He must have called me 5 different times for instructions because that was his first time cooking roast. He did an awesome job.
This new time is killing me. Guess it will take me a week to adjust.
Yesterday I started exercising again. I'm having trouble with my knee so I got on the floor and did leg exercises and went for a walk outside instead of jumping on trampoline.
This weekend we are making 80 lbs of sausage and 20 lbs of Tasso for us and 40 lbs of sausage for my youngest brother and I think he wants Tasso too. Going to be busy smoking that both Saturday and Sunday.
March 24 is our 30 th wedding anniversary. I booked a cabin at a flower garden state park. It's called hodge gardens. There is a big lake for fishing and a 5 mile loop road thru the gardens. Walking trails. We went there about 25 years ago but they have added on since then. So that's where we will spend a quiet getaway just the 2 of us. About 25 years ago dh took off his wedding band due to his job. It was dangerous to wear it. He almost ripped off his finger. His job now is consultant work so I requested as an anniversary present from him to me would be for him to wear his band again and he said he would. Yesterday he had to bring it in to have it resized. I'm very excited about that. It's something very special to me.
I'm way behind on personels so I'll just start over. Welcome all new ladies. Karen3 glad you're ok.

BBL
Hugs
Cajun.