Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 06:06 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning! It is going to be a beautiful day in central Illinois!
Work-outs are sure easier on P3!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:43 AM   #3  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

A quote from late yesterday:
"Also, I see some fellow teachers here ... how do you manage balancing the water input/output thing? I don't have pee breaks except before school, lunch, and after school. :\ The first day on IP was quite a challenge, just for that!"

Hi! I am in a lucky position at school, as I am about twenty feet from the teacher restroom. Another teacher or staff member is usually handy to keep an eye on my class for a moment. See if you can set up a situation like that. Explain to your admin that you are on a health program that requires you to use the restroom more often. Oh, and you do get used to it, at least I did. Let's just say my capacity is much greater than before IP!

Renee
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #4  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Good Morning!

I still have some work to do to figure out quoting, but many thanks for the warm welcomes on the weekend chat yesterday!

Regarding teachers and water intake: I am lucky that I have an assistant with me in the mornings, so I can usually pop out as needed. When I am on my own, I ask the teacher next door for help keeping an eye on my kids. She is always willing to do so as she is the one who got me interested in IP

Out of curiosity, is anyone else here doing IP and dealing with Fibro?

"Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it." ~Author Unknown <-- Let's get to work!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. It is a nice, mild day here! Lets hope this weather sticks around!

Finally did my measurements this morning; I am down a total of 80 inches since I started! That is 14.5 inches since I last measured 9 weeks ago. It really goes to show that we shouldn't only use the scale to track our progress! I have lost more inches than lbs in the last 9 weeks, but I am still shrinking, so that is all that matters!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #6  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone!
I have not been here in quite some time. Without going into much detail, I have been taking care of a lot of people and things, and neglecting myself. Sometimes things happen that require your undivided attention as well as an enormous amount of emotional energy. But, I'm back and started IP again, and looking forward to feeling better.
This time I am using strictly alternatives (unless I can find a local vender who will sell products as a store-front). I have time to devote to ME, but not time to devote to weekly weigh-ins with semi-attentive coaches, providing personal opinions rather than true program guidance.
I was lurking on the boards this weekend, and saw quite a few familiar names, as well as several new ones.
So, raising my glass of chocolateEAS-spinach-shake, saying "cheers" and "here's to a great week!"

Last edited by mylastdiet; 03-10-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! Hope ya'll had a great weekend.

I made lisa32989's Chocolate zucchini muffins yesterday. They were delish. The mixture was very thick so I added a couple of TBSP of extra water and they came out really well. And they are so filling.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Height: 5'6"

I am three pounds from being in onederland!!!!!! I just hit my second month on the diet two days ago and i am three pounds shy of thirty six pounds lost. Days like this on IP are great!!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/Ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Default Congrat, Greenlillybeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlillybeth View Post
I am three pounds from being in onederland!!!!!! I just hit my second month on the diet two days ago and i am three pounds shy of thirty six pounds lost. Days like this on IP are great!!!!
Happy Monday to everybody!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #10  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlillybeth View Post
Awe.... Onderland... will be watching to see when you reach it! Good motivation to stay OP!! Its probably my most exciting goal I've reached so far... love seeing that one!!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

Down -3.6 pounds. The weekends are very challenging, I tend to cheat but I try to stay OP as much as possible. I didn't make it to the 80's but Im sure I will this week if remain OP. I'm trying not to get to settled with this small weight loss. I got in some pants today that I only wore once because the strangled by gut in the past.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Yesterday there was quite a bit of discussion about alcohol on IP. I am not endorsing the use of alcohol in any way, but if you are tempted, please think twice before mixing your liquor with diet soda. Diet soda makes alcohol a lot more potent. If you must have a drink, have a wine spritzer or a light beer instead.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/diet-so...ry?id=18411329
Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Morning. Tough weekend. Not sure why. I didn't have a desire to go back to my old eating habits at all but I did feel like I overate. More protein than necessary. Extra packets. I just felt bottomless. Very strange feeling. I woke up this AM exhausted. Not sure if it's time change or my body working hard to process more than normal. Definitely something I don't want to feel again.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Good Morning everyone!

So, raising my glass of chocolateEAS-spinach-shake, saying "cheers" and "here's to a great week!"
Welcome back!!

So my NSV of the weekend was our wedding cake tasting yesterday. We brought both my parents and my future MIL with us and the 3 of them and FI sampled each type while I drank my water with Mio. I didn't really feel deprived because I'm not a huge cake person and I know how bad I would feel physically/mentally if I broke ketosis over some cake. They ended up choosing 4 flavors: white chocolate raspberry, dulche de leche, chocolate with chocolate mousse and strawberry key lime. I'm looking forward to enjoying my slice in August once I've hit goal
Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Welcome back!!

So my NSV of the weekend was our wedding cake tasting yesterday. We brought both my parents and my future MIL with us and the 3 of them and FI sampled each type while I drank my water with Mio. I didn't really feel deprived because I'm not a huge cake person and I know how bad I would feel physically/mentally if I broke ketosis over some cake. They ended up choosing 4 flavors: white chocolate raspberry, dulche de leche, chocolate with chocolate mousse and strawberry key lime. I'm looking forward to enjoying my slice in August once I've hit goal
Congrats! It's such a great feeling to say no to temptation. But really, it doesn't sound like too much of a temptation for you! Sweets are my enemy...so I say kudos to you! Your wedding day sure is going to be special! so many accomplishments!
Closed Thread