South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'3

Default Another Newbie!! :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Beth and I am 33 years old and about 40lbs overweight......I am 5'3 and I weigh 170lbs (as of this morning) I have never tried the South Beach before but with summer coming and a closet full of clothes that don't fit me anymore I am ready!!

Is there anyone else new who would like to buddy up??

Beth
summersky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Beth, welcome!! I also new
I did the SBD a few years ago but failed to maintain so I'm back to it. I started last week, but I plan to stay another week on Phase 1

Remember to stay hydrated it will help a lot with your cravings and headaches (at least it helps me )

If you want we can buddy up

Last edited by Muffin; 03-10-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #3  

Hi Muffin!!

I definitely did not get enough water in today......but that will be my focus tomorrow!!

Today went okay - I am not feeling hungry tonight but I am thinking an awful lot about food!! lol

What are some of your favorite Phase One meals??

Beth
Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

summersky14!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome, Beth. Check out the recipe sections for lots of great ideas.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I"m a bit surprised someone would be having headaches as a result of this diet. Are you sure its not for some other reason?
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I think you will be able to avoid cravings if you stay away from any sweets or desserts whatsoever.

Here's a big juicy salad you can have for lunch or when you want really

1 cup canned beans or lentils, rinsed
2-3 different sorts of salad vegetables diced finely.
My choices are usually 1 tomato + 1 finely grated carrot or small beetroot + whatever other veggie you want if anything at all. e.g. cucumber, capsicum, cooked broccoli or zucchini or whatever
about 50g of a strong hard quality cheese like fetta or even parmesan crumbpled or created finely. I always use fetta myself.
5 walnut halves broken up (other nuts or seeds also fine but keep the quantity down)
1tsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 or more tsp of balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar or lemon juice
salt and ground black pepper to taste.

garlic if you like, 1 tbsp finely chopped onion if you like
any finely chopped fresh herbs if you like

This is a recipe formula i use all the time for my lunch time salad. Today i had it with a pear, celery and cucumber and to my surprise it was great. But you can't have a pear in stage one i see.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:43 PM   #8  

Patience- I usually get headaches during the first 3 days of phase 1. I did noticed that when I up my water this headaches are less to none.

Beth- I pretty much love any food in Phase1. I really like the mashed cauliflower, zoodles with ground turkey, spaghetti squash, salmon cakes, chicken and spinach lentil stew.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #9  

Hi All!! And happy day 2!! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Muffin - how did your day go??

Today was a good day for me - I drank more water and stayed busy to avoid those nasty food cravings!! On a more sour note - we are expecting snow tonight - almost 15cm....seriously!!!

I am off tomorrow - so I will be making some PB cookies and doing some meal planning.....organization is going to be my best friend for the next few weeks!!

Well I am off to make a green tea with some sf vanilla - my nighttime treat

I hope you had a great day!!

Beth
Old 03-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #10  

Beth, I hope you are doing ok with the snow.

So far I'm doing ok. I had a busy day yesterday morning and didn't make it to go to the gym... today I had a dentist appointment and just got home...another day I won't be able to make it to the gym, kids have religion tonight and dh is traveling.

Food wise I'm doing good how are you doing?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #11  

Hey Muffin! I am glad to hear that you are doing well!! What day is this for you??

Well we sure did get a lot of snow! I would guesstimate close to 25cm....and the temperatures were hovering somewhere around -19 degrees today.....yuck!!! But on the plus side things are supposed to warm up slightly overnight - and at this point I would be happy with any improvement!

Today was day four for me and it went okay I think....I am certainly feeling lighter

I will be starting to go to the gym next week - I wanted to get at least a week of this new eating regime under my belt before trying to add anything else in....

Well I do hope that your evening wasn't too chaotic Muffin!! I am feeling sleepy tonight - so it will be an early night for me..... I just got the book Divergent and I am excited to dig into it before bed

Beth
Old 03-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #12  

Hi Beth! how was your weekend? Mine wasn't too good, I can't stand this allergies anymore...I might going to have to change the medicines again.

I finished phase 1 yesterday but I decided to do it for another week, so far my weigh is the same, but my sugar cravings seem more under control I can see I have lost inches, my stomach looks less bloated and my face less chubby

Did you started going to the gym? I missed the gym a few days last week, and need to organize my time better so I can make exercise a priority. Right now I want to train to be able to run a 5K