Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #58
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

Good morning, girls. It is a new day. I will wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

I decided not to call the PCP. When he writes the order to check my A1c and thyroid he will also write for lipids and I don't want him to. My cardiologist takes care of my lipids and he will want bloodwork when I have my appointment on Mar 26. I don't want to get them checked twice because my insurance won't like that either. For some reason, I can't get these two doctors to communicate. My cardiologist says he sends the info to the PCP and the PCP says he didn't receive it. My PCP always wants to change the meds the cardiologist has me on and I want him to leave it alone. So I will get the order closer to my cardiologist appt and get all the bloodwork done at the same time. That way, both doctor's should get the info. This gives me 15 more days to get my act together.

I have not been exercising lately for one thing. Yesterday, I was having trouble bending over to put the potatoes in the bin and DH said "Get some exercise!!" And he's right. He didn't say it in a mean way. He hates to hear me complaining when he knows I'm not doing what I'm supposed to. He wants to turn the game room into something else, so I'd better use my equipment or he will get rid of it! LOL

I know exactly what I need to do, but can't get myself to follow through. I need to work on that.

Rennie - I remember back when you were having blood sugars in the 200's and I was too. Now yours have dropped so much lower and that's why I'm so inquisitive as to what you are doing. I won't sit here saying Poor Me. I can do anything you can do! When I was younger I wanted a car that only came in a stick shift. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to learn to drive it. One day, I went out for lunch with a woman from work and she was driving a stick shift. I told myself, if she can do it, I can do it. So I bought the car and learned how to drive it. I need to use that same determination here.

Trish - I bought Metamucil because I heard it lowers blood sugar and cholesterol. I tried it and I got constipated! That was when I had the visiting nurse coming and she told me it can effect people differently. I prefer to get my fiber from food after that. I guess fiber from food is supposed to do the same thing. Fiber has to be added gradually or you will get the stomach pains. You eat much more fruit than I do and fruit is good fiber. I think I ate too many lentils and I had some pains the past two days. I get so scared when I get that pain because it's in the same place I had the pain before I had the perforated bowel. I sure don't want to go through that again!!! Did you know that you can subtract the grams of fiber from the carbs to get net carbs? I would not lower the carbs unless your BS or weight is going up. They say that the fiber makes you feel full so you don't want more food, and if you lower the carbs and also lower the fiber, you may start to get cravings. Let your numbers be your guide.

I was not hungry for breakfast this morning and now it's time to start cooking my veggies for lunch. I will skip the beans at lunch and see if I still get the pains after I eat.

Ruthie - I hope you are feeling better. Your friends are nice because they care about you.

Bonnie
- Where are you? Hope everything is well.