Old 02-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Default Way Under Calorie Goal

Is it a bad thing if I'm eating at every meal, still having like 600 calories extra for the day, but not feeling any hunger? Am I doing something wrong?? lol I've read a lot of things about not eating too little which is why this scares me. I'd like to not go into starvation mode and lose all my progress, but I also don't see a purpose in eating just to eat if I'm not hungry.

Has this happened to anyone?
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #2  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

I think it may depend on your calorie goal. I am under mine a few hundred a day. But my goal is 2000 calories. I am no expert but I would say its not the best to get into habit of eating under 1200 calories daily.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #3  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

I'm in a same situation currently. But in my case it's because I'm on antidepressants and I seldom get hungry anymore! I have to force myself to eat anything and I lose about a pound every 2 days.
I don't want to blow it off later when I stop taking the meds, but I also don't see the point in forcing myself to eat when I don't feel hunger. I eat around 300-500 calories a day. Somedays nothing cos I feel so full the whole time.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #4  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Could you just add some higher calorie replacements to keep you at a minimum?
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

If you lose weight eating at your calorie goal, then I would try to meet the goal each day if possible just to keep your metabolism up.

The way I see it, everybody plateaus eventually, and generally the simplest way to end your plateau is to cut your calories a bit more. If you're not eating much now, then you're kind of backing yourself into a corner where you can't really drop much farther as you get smaller. I'm currently losing about a pound a week on 2000 kcal/day. When I stop losing, I'll drop it to 1800, then 1600, and so on. If I were only eating 1200/day, I wouldn't have anywhere to go, so I eat as close to my goal as possible so that I have plenty of room when the time comes.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

My goal is set at 1350 but I zigzag either side of it. Some days I'm at 1100, others 1400.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefHoho View Post
If you lose weight eating at your calorie goal, then I would try to meet the goal each day if possible just to keep your metabolism up.

The way I see it, everybody plateaus eventually, and generally the simplest way to end your plateau is to cut your calories a bit more. If you're not eating much now, then you're kind of backing yourself into a corner where you can't really drop much farther as you get smaller. I'm currently losing about a pound a week on 2000 kcal/day. When I stop losing, I'll drop it to 1800, then 1600, and so on. If I were only eating 1200/day, I wouldn't have anywhere to go, so I eat as close to my goal as possible so that I have plenty of room when the time comes.
Wow, that's so awesome that you're losing at 2000cal!! I wish I could do that, did you start at 2000 cal and work your way down?

I am like the OP, I always have around 500 cals left over for the day, mainly because after I work out, I add in those cals into MFP, and it tells me I have 500-600 cals left for the day. I use a HRM to monitor my cals, it's the most accurate I can get, but I know it's still not 100%.

I'm not an expert, but I don't really believe in starvation mode. I don't mean this to offend anyone, I understand it can play a slight role in metabolism, but nothing drastic in that we would stop losing. Again, I'm not an expert. I can't deviate far from 1200 otherwise I see a gain, no idea why. I assume it's water fluctuation over time?

I also eat A LOT of veggies, sometimes the amount of 1200 cals of veggies is a lot more than I can consume and I don't feel famished, so I know then my calories will be pretty low. But anytime I start eating regular food (sandwiches, pasta, rice) I start to gain weight and I feel sick, headaches, it's so annoying, so I stick to 1200 cals of veggies/protein/high fat-low carb foods, but I usually never reach the full 1200 cals per day.
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote