Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #1  

Unhappy in need of motivatiin since ive lost mine

So this I my 3rd week on ww, and things have been crazy around my house hubs has been working out of town kids wanting to go for fast food I was doing really good lost 9 lbs in 2.weeks but know I'm being tempted by everything and took a road trip to see hubs and ate fast food 3.days straight I need help I was so excited about the 9 lbs but really worried about gaining some back thanks everyone and I am just an online only member
Pamela726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #2  
maintaining since 9/2013

Don't give up, even if you aren't perfectly following the plan. Do the best you can to stay focused until you get a breather. Then see if you can create a plan for the next time you get this particular curve ball, ie how to feed the kids when hubs is away, or how/what to eat in those fast food places. Don't beat yourself up for not being perfect, just dust yourself off and go forward.

If you've awakened fast food cravings, it helps to know they'll go away once you stop eating them. Remind yourself of your goals each day--even better in writing-- and celebrate the great progress you've already made.

Mindfulness exercises help too--just taking a moment here and there throughout the day to check in with yourself, notice your breathing. Sometimes I do this when in the bathroom stall during a crazy hectic work day. It's subtle but if you practice doing it regularly, you'll notice a benefit.

Last edited by mars735; 02-27-2014 at 09:37 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #3  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Don't give up. Take some time to prep some fresh vegetables so making salads can be quick and easy. Make sure you have the foods you need in the house and pack your lunch for work so you won't be as tempted to turn to fast food.

I'm at a low-point, too, but I'm trying very hard to focus on my goals and not give in to emotional eating. I'm not sure if the WW application provides online journaling but you can start a blog here on 3FC where you can "talk" out your feelings and cravings and focus on the goals that motivate you most.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #4  

Hi Pamela, I need motivation too! I lost 35 pounds a couple years ago, gained back about 15-20 pounds last year, and thought I was on a good track this year. But I am regaining again instead of losing. I'm actually encouraged to know I am not the only one with challenges. What can we say to encourage each other? I know I feel a lot better about myself when I stay on track! This time I really want to be a maintainer!
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote