View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #82
Shad

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy - yes you are right, just recording the eating tends to make us realise what is going in your mouth. I've more or less taken to adding many of the same foodstuffs but taking the calories and other measurements from the packet. It is a pain, but it seems to make things easier for me. If the ingredients are not on the packet or jar (which is legal here - however many of the imported stuff doesn't have it on. Go figure) I look for it on MFP and if it isn't there, I tend to estimate what I think is in the thing. Generally I don't buy imports anyway apart from NZ, Aust and Britain. And because I am fussy, I tend to buy organic anyway.
The Prosecco is a sparkling wine - can't call it Champagne because it wasn't made in the Champagne area of France. It's not particularly fizzy - doesn't go off like a champagne cork but it is light and not sweet or dry and just a nice drink.
I got a bread made of Spelt flour with pumpkin seeds in it. It is nice, but whether the spelt flour makes too much difference I really don't know. I also got a Holsteiner loaf which is a heavy grain and rye dough. One piece is enough type of bread.
The nights are cooling off quite nicely and there was a bit of nip in the air this morning as I came out of the building to walk to work. Not enough to need a hat or scarf but it is definitely there. Haven't seen much in the way of trees changing as yet, but much of it is pine anyway. The attached is in the South Island where autumn colour is the best in NZ. Arrowtown, once mined for gold, now sees gold leaf everywhere

back later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arrowtown autumn.jpg (24.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Shad : 03-10-2014 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Autumn news
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote