Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #54
Ruthxxx
Flower Lover

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's been a rough week. Had to put my dear Disney to sleep on Friday. Her bloodwork showed she had no kidney function left. She was a very brave little dog as we waited for the blood results. I was actually hoping she would die in her sleep but it was not to be. Even at the end she wagged her tail at the vet and vet tech.

Since then I've had a constant stream of visitors offering sympathy and horrible stuff like lemon bread and homemade Chelsea buns. ** Sigh ** I have been avoiding most of it but have still been off track with food and meds. Back into my groove tomorrow. I've had more company than when my husband died! My darling Jazz is feeling pretty lonely so folks have been bringing their dogs for a playtime. Today Rachel brought her Rottie - his head was bigger than wee Jazz and Jazz just ran circles around him.

My fridge is cleaned out and I have a turkey moving in there to thaw for a dinner party on Friday night. We figure with all the snow we may as well re-do Christmas. My crazy friends! I do have lots of good food left though and will be back on track tomorrow. I'll even weigh, test blood and report in. I even had three slices of whole grain bread today and ham so the weight will probably be up tomorrow alas!

See you tomorrow.