View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #9
IanG
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Well, my relationship with my wife has been put under enormous strain as a result of my change in lifestyle. And, yes, my mother-in-law said those exact words to me in the heat of an argument. Very hurtful and words that still ring in my ears months later. A key issue for me has been the energy and focus involved in changing my lifestyle. Energy and focus that has probably been taken away from my family. I eat separate meals. I post on 3FC. I work out a lot. It all takes time...

And I have changed as a person as a result of losing weight. When you lose significant weight, you do not just become a thinner you, you become a different you. Nobody told me that at the start of my journey. Some of the new you is better than the old you. But you may also lose some of the old you that you - and other people - liked. I just hope that what I have gained with the new me outweighs what I have lost (or have yet to lose) from the old me.

So the old me was a slob. The new me is not.

But the old me would give every minute of every day for his wife and kids. The new me needs to go for a run first.

Running because of Diana
Believing because of Sue
Elvis lives!
Getting fashion advice from Sum
ReillyJ and Carpediem saved my knees!
Don't believe the hype. EAT MORE FISH.
If the bar ain't bendin', you're just pretendin'!

Last edited by IanG : 03-09-2014 at 03:13 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote