Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #51
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

I am up to 234.4 this morning. Eating fiber is fine, but I think I must get most of mine from fruits and veggies. That's how I was getting mine before I tried this. I think I have learned that a small amount of grain may be fine such as the double fiber bread I eat and maybe the beans, but I am not going to try to eat much of any other. I was doing pretty good before and I will continue with what I was doing and just make sure that I get the 30 grams of fiber that my diabetic book suggests. FBS was up to 165 this morning, so I can see that I don't need and probably cannot handle more than that.

I woke up nauseated this morning and I've had a little bit of a headache. Didn't make it to church today. I got up and came into the living room and laid down and listened to the ministers I record each day. Couldn't watch them as I was so sick and had to cover up because I was freezing and had a difficult time getting warm. I slept some too. I think ate too much fiber and it was upsetting my stomach. I drank water but evidently not enough. I've been lethargic all day. I'll continue with the calorie counting and keep my carbs down some. You know ADA recommends 130 g carbs daily and I don't think I should go over 100. I prefer to stay under 80 grams.

I had 2 fruits this morning before DH got up and then I fixed breakfast for us. It was my usual breakfast except I made scrambled eggs because DH wanted them that way and I figured they would be easier on my tummy. With the apple and strawberries this morning, my fiber count is 21 g. Since DH and I only eat one main meal a day together, I've decided to just graze on more of lowcarb today. I'm sure with the veggies added such as greens etc, I'll reach the 30 grams easily without bothering or overloading my stomach. Hoping to get back down in the 220s sometime this week.

Y'all have a super Sunday.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63 : 03-09-2014 at 04:02 PM.